Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

your sence of humour needed

your sence of humour needed

Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:14 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default your sence of humour needed

Tonight Ant and I have yet again had to wash up after 20 backpackers who seem to be allergic to washing, drying and putting away there pots and pans.

So we have been thinking of some signs to put around the kitchen here are a few, please if you can think of anymore pop them on here so we can get them made up.

Contrary to popular belief there are no washing up faries in Geraldton

Not washing up may decrease penis size (government health warning)

The pots and pans live here, they like it so please put them back

Drawling a big gnashing mouth on the bins with a sign above it saying "feed me your rubbish"

Anyway you get the jist so please if you can think of any and dont mind me nicking your idea pop them on here.

Cheers
Kala and Ant
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: your sence of humour needed

Originally Posted by JayDeee

I like that one!!

Will get my thinking cap on and let you know...
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight Ant and I have yet again had to wash up after 20 backpackers who seem to be allergic to washing, drying and putting away there pots and pans.

So we have been thinking of some signs to put around the kitchen here are a few, please if you can think of anymore pop them on here so we can get them made up.

Contrary to popular belief there are no washing up faries in Geraldton

The pots and pans live here, they like it so please put them back

Drawling a big gnashing mouth on the bins with a sign above it saying "feed me your rubbish"

Anyway you get the jist so please if you can think of any and dont mind me nicking your idea pop them on here.

Cheers
Kala and Ant
Oh, um, just thinking of what our mothers used to say.

Whatevers left in the pot you'll get for your breakfast?

Not funny, but in our household a genuine fact

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:28 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh, um, just thinking of what our mothers used to say.

Whatevers left in the pot you'll get for your breakfast?

Not funny, but in our household a genuine fact

Cheers,
JTL
Ok I'm scared of your mum :scared:

was thinking of putting the greasy pans in there beds, but i'd be the poor sod who has to clean it up

Kala
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:30 pm

Kala

Just out of interest do you have double rooms and your hostel and if so do you offer any discount to Expats members or for stays of 2 weeks or more?

We've been thinking about when we arrive in WA and think a hostel might be an option until we get a rental sort out....

Bx
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:31 pm

Actually, ignore that as just looked the map and see where Geraldtown is! :scared:

Do you know of any hostels around Perth that offer discounts for longer stays though? Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:32 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Why not puts lots of jolly/humourous messages up like the ones yuou already suggested, but also put up several strategically placed serious notices - threatening increases in prices or fines for untidy/inconsiderate use of kitchen facilities?

good luck - im so envious of your venture!!

sue
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:33 pm

Good idea Sue, fines would be a good idea!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:34 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by bridiej
Kala

Just out of interest do you have double rooms and your hostel and if so do you offer any discount to Expats members or for stays of 2 weeks or more?

We've been thinking about when we arrive in WA and think a hostel might be an option until we get a rental sort out....

Bx
Yep, yep and yep, but just so you know we are in Geraldton which is 4.5 hrs north of Perth so unless you are planning on coming this way it is not really the best pkace to be based for sorting things in Perth.

I do know some hostels in Perth if that is what you are looking for

Kala
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'm scared of your mum :scared:

was thinking of putting the greasy pans in there beds, but i'd be the poor sod who has to clean it up

Kala
Do you do breakfasts for them? Or do they (supposedly) look after themselves?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:39 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Why not puts lots of jolly/humourous messages up like the ones yuou already suggested, but also put up several strategically placed serious notices - threatening increases in prices or fines for untidy/inconsiderate use of kitchen facilities?

good luck - im so envious of your venture!!

sue
We thought of one that goes

Forget to wash up............ Forget your deposit

we though it might sound harsh but we're coming round to the idea

BridieJ, What sort of level of backpackers are you thinking of, most do weekly rates so that shouldn't be a prob I can highly reccomend the Emproers crown for poshness level http://www.emperorscrown.com.au/ but it is not cheap .

Kala
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:41 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Do you do breakfasts for them? Or do they (supposedly) look after themselves?

Cheers,
JTL
They suposedly look after themselves, but unfortunately there mummies have looked after them too well and they dont know the 1st thing about looking after themselves.

Kala
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:44 pm

To be honest arent too bothered, as long as we can have a private room (dont fancy sharing a "dorm") that will be safe for us to leave our belongings in!!

Will check out that link, thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:46 pm

Bit too expensive that one! :scared: :scared:

We will deffo book into yours when we are on hols, will have a browse to see what's going on in Geraldtown!

If I were you I'd try the jokey signs first and see if they have any effect, if not go for the "tough" ones.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:59 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by bridiej
Bit too expensive that one! :scared: :scared:

We will deffo book into yours when we are on hols, will have a browse to see what's going on in Geraldtown!

If I were you I'd try the jokey signs first and see if they have any effect, if not go for the "tough" ones.
Best to go for central so I will ahve a look at the thousands of brochures UI have here and get back to you after checking out with the backpakcers which ones they would reccomend.

As you say funny ones 1st and hope they work, if not it will be time for drastic action

Kala

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.