Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your opinion on these areas to live please

Your opinion on these areas to live please

Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:52 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default Re: Your opinion on these areas to live please

Originally Posted by JenJen
Me being thick here didn't realise there was more than one Primary in Rowville, we went there with her to pick the kids up though it's going back a year now (wow time flies) it's got nice big climbing frame out the back of the school and is it a boat or something to the side for the kids to play on?

Michelle's eldest is called Kathleen (nearly 9) little boy nearly 7 called Edmond

Jen
That definitely sounds like Rowville primary, they're just revamping the playground and a new pirate ship has gone up to replace the old one. My son is nearly 7, there isn't an Edmond in his class but there are 3 classes in grade 1. I will ask him later!

There are at least 4 primary schools in Rowville, it's quite big and sprawling
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:01 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Me being thick here didn't realise there was more than one Primary in Rowville, we went there with her to pick the kids up though it's going back a year now (wow time flies) it's got nice big climbing frame out the back of the school and is it a boat or something to the side for the kids to play on?

Michelle's eldest is called Kathleen (nearly 9) little boy nearly 7 called Edmond

Jen
No sorry Jen.
But I'll definitely let you know if and when I find them.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

BERWICK

Ok the older bits - it is commutable - in particular avoid Narre Warren, and S of highway- Truman show hoon land.

CAROLINE SPRINGS - bit new

FERNTREE GULLY - Established burb, good facilities
GLEN wAVERLEY - Established burb, good facilities - think neighbours. If these burbs are too sterile for you, you should either be in the city, or semi-rural or not in the country.
GEELONG NORTH
SOUTH YARRA - very rah rah. Could be well outof your price range for a family home. Lifestyle of the rich and famous - and establishment.
BURWOOD - established sort of highway suburb loads facilities
ROWVILLE - I've never liked this as being too much of a nomans land- quite new, but not old enough to have character, not new enough if that is what you want - however, it is closer to the city than some, and near Lysterfield, Dandenongs etc.

NB alot of these established burbs - the ones not in the city or outside the city are on 'highways' but looking into them you find quiet little spots and reserves - its the way Melbourne works.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 5:05 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
BERWICK

Ok the older bits - it is commutable - in particular avoid Narre Warren, and S of highway- Truman show hoon land.

ROWVILLE - I've never liked this as being too much of a nomans land- quite new, but not old enough to have character, not new enough if that is what you want - however, it is closer to the city than some, and near Lysterfield, Dandenongs etc.

NB alot of these established burbs - the ones not in the city or outside the city are on 'highways' but looking into them you find quiet little spots and reserves - its the way Melbourne works.
There's been a settlement in Rowville for at least 100 years, I think it is quite well established and has good facilities. Parts of Narre Warren are fine too, not hoon land at all.

Although I can kind of see where you're coming from re: the Truman Show