Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your income in the UK...

View Poll Results: Your income in the UK...?
Under £15k
1.56%
£15k to £20k
6.25%
£20k to £30k
20.31%
£30k to £40k
32.81%
£40k to £60k
20.31%
£60k to £80k
3.13%
£80k to £100k
7.81%
Over £100k
7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Your income in the UK...

Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:25 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your income in the UK...

There always lots of questions about what people will be able to afford re housing, cars, etc and I thought it might be interesting to see what the spectrum of incomes is... I think it's all anonymous so no one will know...!

I'll post another one for the incomes in Oz...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Your income in the UK...

So long as i've enough to provide for my family and be happy then I don't really care. The more importnat stuff for me is quality of time with them and i'm not sure how relative to income that is.
I do think in the Uk we seem to need more to have a quality of life - but do we really ?

Or am i just pissed
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
There always lots of questions about what people will be able to afford re housing, cars, etc and I thought it might be interesting to see what the spectrum of incomes is... I think it's all anonymous so no one will know...!

I'll post another one for the incomes in Oz...
Hope you mean joint incomes! Ours sounds impressive but once taxes & child care come off then not so!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hope you mean joint incomes! Ours sounds impressive but once taxes & child care come off then not so!
I've only got one here - looking forward to what it's like with 2
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
I've only got one here - looking forward to what it's like with 2
I suspect our UK salaries will be exactly the same in Au$ so will be in for a BIG drop for a few years! Have to start over again in terms of work experience . But not moving for the money
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
But not moving for the money
Nope me neither - i'm expecting a struggle tbh and daughter landed, without audition, a place in Drama College today which only takes a few candidates a year - cost = $15k per annum.

I have my own business here - In Aus i've to try and find a job when I haven't 'worked' for someone else for 15 years - not an easy task i'm sure - But i'm in it for the long run and determination to make it work for my kids as much as my partner and me.