Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your financial state when applying..

Your financial state when applying..

Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

TheBuckos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your financial state when applying..

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask a question..we are way off applying for our visa yet..as currently in the process of re-training!

But just needed to know if when you go through the process of visa immigration, does your financial status come into it and get assessed. For e.g your credit history, whether or not you still have financial commitments, like a long term loan, that you may consider still paying whilst being away...

Or do you have to have everything completely settled and finalised and not owe anything..? Or a bad credit history, does it affect your suitability?

If anyone knows the answer to this would be fab...just trying to plan ahead really...

Many thanks
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your financial state when applying..

Originally Posted by TheBuckos
Hi there,

Just wanted to ask a question..we are way off applying for our visa yet..as currently in the process of re-training!

But just needed to know if when you go through the process of visa immigration, does your financial status come into it and get assessed. For e.g your credit history, whether or not you still have financial commitments, like a long term loan, that you may consider still paying whilst being away...

Or do you have to have everything completely settled and finalised and not owe anything..? Or a bad credit history, does it affect your suitability?

If anyone knows the answer to this would be fab...just trying to plan ahead really...

Many thanks
Would suggest you search this in Australia forum as gets very heated debate going over people who wish to leave debt in UK.
Don't need credit report to get a visa. And adverse history doesn't follow you to Aus. As to whether it can affect you in Aus with regard to people to coming after you, I don't know the answer to that as way too many opinions on it!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

TheBuckos is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry thought I was in the Australia thread...new at all this only joined today!

Hmm.. think people might be misreading what I was perhaps asking...i have no intention of leaving any debt behind when I eventually go to Oz...i was wanting to know if I can actually still leave with owing money to banks... as when I was last over there, on a working holiday visa, i didnt let that stop me I just started wiring money over to my bank, so I could keep paying it off whilst being away...which of course will do again if I had to leave due to quick immigration..

Dont want to start off any heated debate, just an innocent question.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry thought I was in the Australia thread...new at all this only joined today!

Hmm.. think people might be misreading what I was perhaps asking...i have no intention of leaving any debt behind when I eventually go to Oz...i was wanting to know if I can actually still leave with owing money to banks... as when I was last over there, on a working holiday visa, i didnt let that stop me I just started wiring money over to my bank, so I could keep paying it off whilst being away...which of course will do again if I had to leave due to quick immigration..

Dont want to start off any heated debate, just an innocent question.

Thanks
This is Australia immigration thread.
Is seldom viewed as innocent question! Be warned lol
Yes you can pay UK debts from Aus, just like you did last time!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Many thanks
MY OH went bankrupt a few years ago, doesn't affect your visa application as its a civil matter.