Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your favorite Aussie/NZ ad.

Your favorite Aussie/NZ ad.

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:17 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Your favorite Aussie/NZ ad.

Inspired by Britboys, Tui ad thread

Whats your favorite kiwi/aus ad, from TV, radio or whatever. There are so many over there everyone must have at least one that they remember made them chuckle...

My personal favorite...

There is, or used to be a washing up liquid called Drive. Thier slogan is/used to be :

"Don't drink Drive. Its a washing up liquid"

Made me grin anyway!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters can't stop singing that bloody awful line............."The Warehouse, the warehouse, where everyone gets a bargain".......drives me round the bend !!!

Gill and Rob
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
My daughters can't stop singing that bloody awful line............."The Warehouse, the warehouse, where everyone gets a bargain".......drives me round the bend !!!

Gill and Rob
The one that makes me laugh everytime is the Novus windscreen repair advert.

their slogan is sung in a really forceful and cheery manner...

"show us your crack"

ROFLMAO
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Your favorite Aussie/NZ ad.

Originally posted by PeteY

Whats your favorite kiwi/aus ad, from TV, radio or whatever. There are so many over there everyone must have at least one that they remember made them chuckle...

My personal favorite...

There is, or used to be a washing up liquid called Drive. Thier slogan is/used to be :

Made me grin anyway!
The whole series of ASB Bank ads with "Goldstein"

Also find myself singing 0800..83..83..83..pizza hut, that drives me insane sometimes.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to be the 'show us your crack' ad lol

Russ
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:55 pm
tennisoz

My personal favorite...

Made me grin anyway!
Pete

'When I wore a younger man's clothes' in Oz there used to be a company selling spanners, sockets etc called Rigid. Their slogan was:-

'You never know when you'll need a Rigid tool'!!

TennisOz

Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Toyota ute ads - "Oh Bugger....!"
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:59 pm
WBB

dont have a particular fav but they usually show some aussie ads on tarrant on tv and they are always funny.

Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:02 pm
tennisoz

My personal favorite...

Made me grin anyway!
Pete

As an afterthought to Rigid Tools the ad I like when in Oz is the Mitsubishi cars ad with the very catchy tune - Music in You by the New Radicals I think.

TennisOz

Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:25 pm
tennisoz

Further thoughts. Some of the best Aussie ads are actually made in the UK for the UK market using what they perceive as Aussie humour. I am thinking of some of the excellent ads for FourEx and to a lesser extent Fosters (Australians wouldn't give a **** for anything else, I can't take a mates beer but I can take his wife, she's a good sport that wife of yours etc, etc). Nearly as good as the Carlsberg don't run a bank, offer holidays etc but if they did they would probably be the best. All designed to appeal to young males these ads.

TennisOz

Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:02 pm
Badge

the Bunnnings warehouse advert on the radio, whilst not catchy, or certainly a favourite, is certainly unforgettable.

badge

Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

got this one mailed to me .....
I hope it's a spoof :scared:
Attached Thumbnails Your favorite Aussie/NZ ad.-turn_off_and_on_the_bbq.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:17 pm
Badge

lol

Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by newkiwi
The whole series of ASB Bank ads with "Goldstein"

Also find myself singing 0800..83..83..83..pizza hut, that drives me insane sometimes.
Yeah, "Goldstein" cracks me up too! The look on the guy's face when he thinks he can't come into the bank any more... or "Pain..." as he whips off his fake moustache.