Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your detective skills would be appreciated

Your detective skills would be appreciated

Old May 27th 2006, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your detective skills would be appreciated

The postie delivered this card a short while ago and I can't work out where I need to go to pick up the package. I know it's from DIMIA in Australia and I know it's waiting somewhere in Haven Green, Ealing but the postie says it's not a PO card and probably belongs to a courier. After a number of searches I don't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call Australia.

Old May 27th 2006, 10:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your detective skills would be appreciated

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
The postie delivered this card a short while ago and I can't work out where I need to go to pick up the package. I know it's from DIMIA in Australia and I know it's waiting somewhere in Haven Green, Ealing but the postie says it's not a PO card and probably belongs to a courier. After a number of searches I don't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call Australia.
Hmmmm....I may be wrong but it looks like its just a note advising that something was delivered to DIMA? They were the addressees, and they took delivery on 23rd May.
What does anyone else think?
Old May 27th 2006, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Auzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant future

Hi
It seems like it could be a receipt from something you posted, could it be from the Panel Dr sending you proof of postage? It is just that it states the office of posting as London and the addressee as LCU? Apart from that I am puzzled as to why you have received it

Old May 27th 2006, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmmmm....I may be wrong but it looks like its just a note advising that something was delivered to DIMA? They were the addressees, and they took delivery on 23rd May.
What does anyone else think?

I agree. It looks like proof of delivery to the LCU.

DG, have you just had your medicals??
Old May 27th 2006, 11:15 am
Account Closed

We certainly did send off x-rays so your suggestions make sense, thanks.
Old May 27th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Auzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant future

Not long now then
Good luck with everything

We certainly did send off x-rays so your suggestions make sense, thanks.
Old May 28th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Having lived in Ealing before moving here it sounds like the local post office collection. It's not exactly obvious where to find it. Find Ealing Studios - on Haven Green. Up one of the driveways there on the right is the smallest collection office in the world! Tiny sign on the door - only thing giving it away is the row of Royal Mail trucks parked outside. Basically outside Ealing Studios there is a set of traffic lights outside Budgens. If you are walking, cross over these and follow the road around left. The driveway is on the right. It is the same driveway you go up for Ealing Comedy Club.

The guy that works there is a real prick btw - make sure you have your id etc and be prepared to wait, even at 7 in the morning.

Good luck!

Stella
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Well it seems you were all correct. The x-rays arrived on the 23rd and on the 31st we were told our application has been accepted! That sounds like some kind of record. Actually, the big relief is knowing that there was nothing important on the x-rays.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Your detective skills would be appreciated

Well it seems you were all correct. The x-rays arrived on the 23rd and on the 31st we were told our application has been accepted! That sounds like some kind of record. Actually, the big relief is knowing that there was nothing important on the x-rays.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Wow, how quick was that turn around - which visa you applied for, was you medicals requested or front loaded? dying to know!

Paula
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

T'was a 457. We were told repeatedly that for my wife, 11 year old son and I required x-rays. There's another thread about somewhere that explains that they then told us that our son needed a medical so in effect we wouldn't be able to go anywhere 'till that's sorted.

Found it = http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376322
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:09 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Spooky - I live in Ealing

And guess what????? The panel Dr for Ealing is like 2 streets away from our flat!!!!!