Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your airline suggestions please

Your airline suggestions please

Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:36 am
Keelie

Default Your airline suggestions please

We'll be arriving in Sydney from Canada next month, and will be catching a connecting flight on to Brisbane. We haven't made reservations for this second half of the journey.
I need some suggestions as to what airline(s) to contact...or can I simply book the flight at the Sydney airport, without reservations?
Does anyone know how much we can expect to pay for the return tickets to Sydney ?
Thanks for your input. Keelie.

Old Jun 20th 2003, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

edwin is an unknown quantity at this point

i paid for a return ticket brisbane - sydney AUD $237,that was last april.Just booked it online with Qantas.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/worldwide

the other domestic airline is virgin Blue:

http://www.virginblue.com.au/

Enjoy your stay :-)
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your airline suggestions please

Originally posted by Keelie
We'll be arriving in Sydney from Canada next month, and will be catching a connecting flight on to Brisbane. We haven't made reservations for this second half of the journey.
I need some suggestions as to what airline(s) to contact...or can I simply book the flight at the Sydney airport, without reservations?
Does anyone know how much we can expect to pay for the return tickets to Sydney ?
Thanks for your input. Keelie.
I would say Virgin blue are the most competative.
But I have heard that Virgin dont go all the way.

PC
Old Jun 20th 2003, 4:36 pm
Keelie

Thanks for the airline info. See...there are times when this site can provide useful information.
I suspect Wilf's really leaving because he's got bigger fish to fry, he has his own agenda.
Perhaps we can get back to some helpful exchanges , and stop throwing doubt in the minds of people who are embarking on what may be the biggest decision of their lives.
I wish that some more upbeat landed immigrants would post here, it would give us a balanced view of what to expect.
As I've mentioned previously, my son who lives in Queensland loves OZ.
I wish I could share some of the wonderful letters that he's written about his interesting , full life You wouldn't get him back in Canada even on promise of a 'mild winter'
Good luck to those of you who are about to leave old blighty...remember times are vastly different , you're not 'stuck' as some claim, you really can go back.