Reload this Page >

Your advice for NZ immigration

Your advice for NZ immigration

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

graceusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your advice for NZ immigration

Hi, all

I applied for NZ immigration, and I was 1 point under passmark. I have been issued work permit which allow me to look for job in the coming 6 month.

I am currently in US with my student visa.
Following are couple of my questions based on my very special concerns. Please give me your advice or share your experience with me.

1. Is there any possibility to get job offer when I am physically in US?
2. If I get job offer, can I ask visa officer to review my case and process my immigration in US before I go there. Because in this way, my husband can get his PR, so we can go there together and he allow to search for job right after we arrive.
3. If I go to NZ and if I can not find job there, I will not enter US again. Do I need to take risk to go to NZ? (I am not from very advanced country)
4. What kind of evidence do I need to submit to support my job offer. Is only the job offer letter OK?

I really like that beautiful country. Please give me your advice!!!

Cheers,

Grace
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your advice for NZ immigration

Originally posted by graceusa
I am not from very advanced country
Then you have chosen the right part of the world. Try not to make them look too backward though, especially if you end up having to come here to Australia for a job.
You are in the greatest country in the world for an immigrant already - even if it feels hard - so why lose it?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Please be aware, I am currently in US, which doesn't mean I am PR or US citizen. Under many circumstance, I want to choose NZ as my life desitination. Please advice me how I make my application successful.

Thank you so much.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:33 am
Just Joined

By the way, my work experience is only 2 months short to get one 1 point. What is basic rule to calculate the work experience point. Can I round it to get 1 point?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Please be aware, I am currently in US, which doesn't mean I am PR or US citizen. Under many circumstance, I want to choose NZ as my life desitination. Please advice me how I make my application successful.

Thank you so much.
Is there no way you can get permanent residence in the USA? You have to know that NZ is not very friendly to immigrants unless they come from English speaking countries. Even then, they are not as good as USA or UK. They are very backward looking and small minded. The NZ people are OK but you will struggle to find work. Will you be prepared to do cleaning or something like that? If yes, then it may be OK. If you are looking for something better, you will struggle to get it.

Stay where you are and work more to get more points but be careful. NZ may make your life worse not better. Try Oz if you can, it is a bit better for work.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, all

I applied for NZ immigration, and I was 1 point under passmark. I have been issued work permit which allow me to look for job in the coming 6 month.

I am currently in US with my student visa.
Following are couple of my questions based on my very special concerns. Please give me your advice or share your experience with me.

1. Is there any possibility to get job offer when I am physically in US?
2. If I get job offer, can I ask visa officer to review my case and process my immigration in US before I go there. Because in this way, my husband can get his PR, so we can go there together and he allow to search for job right after we arrive.
3. If I go to NZ and if I can not find job there, I will not enter US again. Do I need to take risk to go to NZ? (I am not from very advanced country)
4. What kind of evidence do I need to submit to support my job offer. Is only the job offer letter OK?

I really like that beautiful country. Please give me your advice!!!

Cheers,

Grace
Grace,

I'm not quite sure what your situation is. Have you and your husband applied for PR separately?

I'm interested to know how you managed to get within 1 point of the passmark, when you are a student. It seems very difficult, to me, to get so close without a job offer, unless you can pick up maximum or near maximum points for all factors.

As for finding a job remotely, of course it's possible but very difficult. If you have very rare skills that are needed in NZ, it shouldn't be too difficult. Otherwise, employers prefer to interview face-to-face. Now you have a temporary work visa, though, then I'm sure some employers will consider you, as you can legally work over there. Can you look for an employment agency to help you?

Once you get a job offer, the employer will also need to provide a job description, if the job offer is for work relevant to your qualification and experience. However, with only one point needed, a non-relevant job offer would be enough. In that case, just the written job offer might do. Check through the NZIS web site for more explicit information, or phone NZIS, either in New Zealand or at a consulate locally.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can add work experience points after you've applied. If you were so close, it's a shame you didn't wait to lodge your application a little later. Or would you lose age points, which would negate the extra experience points? It may also be possible to submit a fresh application - again, ask NZIS about that.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, I don't think you can add work experience points after you've applied. If you were so close, it's a shame you didn't wait to lodge your application a little later. Or would you lose age points, which would negate the extra experience points? It may also be possible to submit a fresh application - again, ask NZIS about that.
At the show at the weekend a chap from NZIS gave a talk. He said that once you have given your application in the criteria for immigration stays the same, the points for your age stay the age (so if you get older and pass a grouping you don't loose points) BUT the points for your work experience go up. Sounds to good to be true but worth double checking with NZIS.

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by icklepickle
At the show at the weekend a chap from NZIS gave a talk. He said that once you have given your application in the criteria for immigration stays the same, the points for your age stay the age (so if you get older and pass a grouping you don't loose points) BUT the points for your work experience go up. Sounds to good to be true but worth double checking with NZIS.

Regards
Wow! Definitely worth a check, then.

Unfortunately, I'm on maximum experience points, so it doesn't help me.

Tony
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:58 am
Just Joined

tatakula is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am from India, please give me some advice for NZ immigration , how many points do I need? I have 10 years exp in IT field as Network Engineer. what are the usefull sites to NZ immi. I am married and have a kid.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tatakula
Hi,
I am from India, please give me some advice for NZ immigration , how many points do I need? I have 10 years exp in IT field as Network Engineer. what are the usefull sites to NZ immi. I am married and have a kid.
Go to
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/Migrate/ to find out about immigration. Currently, you need 100 points to submit an expression of interest, in the Skilled Migrant Category, but read the information on the web site, first. Then further questions can be submitted here or in the immigration forum of this web site.