Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Youngys house build/trinity beach cairns

The build next door to us had all its timber decking delivered and the next morning it was all gone. They must have used a large truck but I didn't hear a thing!

Sorry this has happened to you, I hope the next 8 weeks goes quickly without any more incidents!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:02 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about this. Hope the w*nkers got a really nasty splinter from the wood louvres they took! :curse:

I feel really bad now, as I sort of said exactly what later happened

I tend to do that a lot Pitty I can't do the same with the lottery numbers

Hope the rest of the house build goes OK
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that some scumbucket thought it was appropriate to nick what was not his.

I wish people who are happy to buy things that have "fallen off the back of a truck" would think about where they come from and not encourage these lowlifes to continue with their profit making efforts of stealing from others.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:58 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

You have no need to apologise for swearing as most people would feel the same way. It's such a shame when something like this happens, you feel violated and powerless. I hope the bastards get caught:curse:

Good luck with everything else and don't let the buggars get you down
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:52 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
You have no need to apologise for swearing as most people would feel the same way. It's such a shame when something like this happens, you feel violated and powerless. I hope the bastards get caught:curse:

Good luck with everything else and don't let the buggars get you down
just thought i would put a quick post on before i go over to the house. everything is progressing well. electricity on, tiling just about done (very happy with the polished porcelain). all the internal doors fitted on monday along with the skirting and architrave.pool is looking good as they have started to set the rocks in postion . i wired a burglar alarm in last weekend but im still sleeping there. sorry there are no photos but we felt it best not to post anymore due to the thefts. this is my final post on expats but anyone following feel free to pop in and have a beer if you are ever passing. richard.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:55 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
just thought i would put a quick post on before i go over to the house. everything is progressing well. electricity on, tiling just about done (very happy with the polished porcelain). all the internal doors fitted on monday along with the skirting and architrave.pool is looking good as they have started to set the rocks in postion . i wired a burglar alarm in last weekend but im still sleeping there. sorry there are no photos but we felt it best not to post anymore due to the thefts. this is my final post on expats but anyone following feel free to pop in and have a beer if you are ever passing. richard.
why the final post bit mate?? have i missed something??

just gone back n read the last few pages youngy, what a ****er mate, you work hard to try and get along and some twat says
**** it its easier to take it than to work for it
whilst your staying on site i hope you have the odd metre or 4c swa hanging around ??
as a sample for a customer of course

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 4th 2008 at 11:03 am.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
why the final post bit mate?? have i missed something??
Was just thinking that too!

Nice to read your update though & glad all still progressing well
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:54 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're well on your way to completion now Richard. I understand you're downhearted and naffed off with the toe rags who stole your stuff and you're probably knackered from all the hard work too but it would be a shame for you no longer to come on here. Whatever you decide - good luck mate - and enjoy your new house. You deserve all the luck in the world
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard
Sounds like its progressing well m8 good
We'll pop round again sometime and we'll remember to bring the beer this time

Take care
Look forward to seeing your lovely house

Gill and Bixie
Old Oct 6th 2008, 12:49 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I have loved reading your thread and watching your progress. You have done an amazing job. I will miss following your progress but fully understand your reasons for not wanting to continue. You have a lovely home-enjoy!

All the best mate

ACE
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:00 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Well here we go. My last post on here i had a serious case of the shits (not literally, those in oz know what i mean).
Just over 10 weeks have passed and we are moved in. The house is nearly finished. ive still got heaps of jobs to do but we are in.
It now feels very worthwhile and we are satisfied with what we have accomplished.
If im honest this has been the most stressful time of my life. Ever since the first time things were stolen from the site i have not slept well. i have woken up at 2 in the morning after dreaming of being robbed and drove to the site. The solution was then to sleep here which meant nothing further was stolen, but this is not exactly condusive to married life. So the first tip to any would be builders is never be first in a new sub division. You can claim off insuranse but in our case we had many thefts each under the excess so why did we we bother with insuranse.
If any one is still interested in photos i will happily post a few now that it is all over.
We have achieved what we set out to do, we only went $10,000 over budget which was down to me forgetting to include a few things in the budget.
Im sitting now enjoying a few guinesses thinking i will do this again but not soon although by us doing all the running around and lots of work ourselves we now have a home that we would not be able to afford if we had to buy it
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Well here we go. My last post on here i had a serious case of the shits (not literally, those in oz know what i mean).
Just over 10 weeks have passed and we are moved in. The house is nearly finished. ive still got heaps of jobs to do but we are in.
It now feels very worthwhile and we are satisfied with what we have accomplished.
If im honest this has been the most stressful time of my life. Ever since the first time things were stolen from the site i have not slept well. i have woken up at 2 in the morning after dreaming of being robbed and drove to the site. The solution was then to sleep here which meant nothing further was stolen, but this is not exactly condusive to married life. So the first tip to any would be builders is never be first in a new sub division. You can claim off insuranse but in our case we had many thefts each under the excess so why did we we bother with insuranse.
If any one is still interested in photos i will happily post a few now that it is all over.
We have achieved what we set out to do, we only went $10,000 over budget which was down to me forgetting to include a few things in the budget.
Im sitting now enjoying a few guinesses thinking i will do this again but not soon although by us doing all the running around and lots of work ourselves we now have a home that we would not be able to afford if we had to buy it
Congratulations.You must be so pleased with yourself and worn out.Enjoy the guiness.Some photos would be lovely,of the house not the guiness.I know what that looks like.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Some photos would be fantastic.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:37 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Rich glad you are settled in your new home and enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Well done
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:54 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by wardy2
Great news Rich glad you are settled in your new home and enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Well done
i will pop some photos on tomorrow but i look at the house while i listen to led zep and ive just had a swim after cooking up an eye fillet on my grill and its all good. the last six months has been shit but now its good and this is why we did it. sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards. never a truer word spoken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.