Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

young single people?

young single people?

Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:37 pm
Smile!

slmch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question young single people?

Just joined up, after I spent a few hours reading through the messages here....and noticed that it seems to be families or couples who are making the big move to Australia. I'm just curious to hear if any young single people can share their experience on the whole process also? The information here already is amazing and well worth while taking the time to read through. But as a 21 year old female, I'd love to hear another view on it all. I haven't yet put in any application but I've researched and look forward to the long road ahead!
As I said I'm 21....I'm a qualified nurse...which I hear might get me fast-tracked up the queue.
As it stands now I have 125 points, if I was to apply today. But I'm planning for 1-2 years time. With this in mind....when should I ideally begin the whole process?
I'm not entirelly sure where exactly I hope to live.....I'm not going for the sun so that's not a big issue to consider....I'd like to be near a beach though, close to somewhere big....near to a good hospital for work....
Any info greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: young single people?

One good thing about the full PR visa is it's valid for 5 years after the date of issue. This is very generous, and gives you a lot of freedom in scheduling your move, though don't leave the move too late in that period or you may run into issues concerning Oz citzenship and Resident Return Visas.

You do have to validate the PR visa within a year of issue, but taking a holiday in Oz is fine for that purpose. Others will advise how long applications are taking at present: 6-9 months possibly?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:21 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: young single people?

I originally came out here as a young single person, (well, 35 is young to me now )

I had a great time. But things change... I am no longer young or single, but still ........ I like it here again