Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Young, middle aged lady enjoying it here but need more friends!

Young, middle aged lady enjoying it here but need more friends!

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

you go girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Young, middle aged lady enjoying it here but need more friends!

Well 9 months down the line, can honestly say I have no regrets about making this giant move. I did on it all on my own too!!!I am finding the people very friendly and settled into the aussie way of life very easily. My son, who has been here some years, knew I would not have any problems, as I am very relaxed and outgoing.I am working fulltime, and have made some friends all of whom are great but are married or in relationships, so really do their own thing in the evenings or the weekend. So would really like to meet some new friends, in a similar situation, to share the experiences that Australia has to offer. I live South of the the River, as they say, and have my own car. Love all sorts of music, including folk, opera and rock!! Love the countryside and animals, the beach and eating out. Also love the theatre and have joined the local amateur theatre group. I often do things on my own, including emigrating here, but it's nice to have company. I am a nanna, but don't get to see my grandkids as often as I would like. There is so much to see and do here, and would love to pool ideas with some other folks.
So where the bloody hell are you all?????????
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young, middle aged lady enjoying it here but need more friends!

Originally Posted by you go girl
Well 9 months down the line, can honestly say I have no regrets about making this giant move. I did on it all on my own too!!!I am finding the people very friendly and settled into the aussie way of life very easily. My son, who has been here some years, knew I would not have any problems, as I am very relaxed and outgoing.I am working fulltime, and have made some friends all of whom are great but are married or in relationships, so really do their own thing in the evenings or the weekend. So would really like to meet some new friends, in a similar situation, to share the experiences that Australia has to offer. I live South of the the River, as they say, and have my own car. Love all sorts of music, including folk, opera and rock!! Love the countryside and animals, the beach and eating out. Also love the theatre and have joined the local amateur theatre group. I often do things on my own, including emigrating here, but it's nice to have company. I am a nanna, but don't get to see my grandkids as often as I would like. There is so much to see and do here, and would love to pool ideas with some other folks.

I'm in South Australia Not that that's a bad thing, but too far away to get together with you, and you sound like fun.

Welcome to the mad world of BE
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Young, middle aged lady enjoying it here but need more friends!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm in South Australia Not that that's a bad thing, but too far away to get together with you, and you sound like fun.

Welcome to the mad world of BE

Aw shame!!! Thanks anyway. I actually was on here about 18 months ago, but have forgotten what I called myself and my password!!! Yes it is mad but great!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw shame!!! Thanks anyway. I actually was on here about 18 months ago, but have forgotten what I called myself and my password!!! Yes it is mad but great!
This is spooky. You're not SuzannePatricia are you? If you are, hi there if you're not, check her out on members search and e-mail her - you sound identical
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
This is spooky. You're not SuzannePatricia are you? If you are, hi there if you're not, check her out on members search and e-mail her - you sound identical

Ooooo, I must have a twin,....

I AM! I AM! I AM HER!!! How ya doing?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooo, I must have a twin,....

I AM! I AM! I AM HER!!! How ya doing?
Ya dozy whatsit - how do you forget your own name Thought wow - she's the spit of Suzanne LOL.

We're good thanks. Having a blast, bought a nice house on a fab bit of acreage, the girls have settled well, hubby found a job almost immediately and everything in the garden is rosy - including the kangaroos, possoms, etc etc See a bit of Jane and Russ and Paul and Nic, and all is good.

How are things with you, still pleased you came out here? Not tempted to move back?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Ya dozy whatsit - how do you forget your own name Thought wow - she's the spit of Suzanne LOL.

We're good thanks. Having a blast, bought a nice house on a fab bit of acreage, the girls have settled well, hubby found a job almost immediately and everything in the garden is rosy - including the kangaroos, possoms, etc etc See a bit of Jane and Russ and Paul and Nic, and all is good.

How are things with you, still pleased you came out here? Not tempted to move back?

Are you kidding??? Not a hope. Wish I had done it years ago, 5 to be precise when my son first settled, and I first visited and fell in love with it.
So whereabouts exactly are you? I am half an hours drive from my grand daughter, then 15 mins onto Fremantle, and only half an hour by train from the city. The station is a 5 minute walk. I am virtually in the countryside, close to the Darling ranges of hills. Beautiful. Have texted Jane and she sounds happy. Wonder how many other of us Northamptonians are happily settled now?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

im coming over by myself as well, no family over there, im young at heart, (what do you consider middle aged, coz im not admitting to it.)

unfortunately im going to SA and will be settling miles from adelaide.

glad your having such a good time.

regards

lolly
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:44 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi!

I came over on my own too, so can understand a bit of what you're going through. When I was still in the UK my brother got me to sign onto a website for singles in Australia, www.rsvp.com.au. I made lots of friends on line and when I got here I finally met them all. 2 years on and we're still mates. (I've since met and married an Aussie bloke)

My mum (who is in her 50's) is single and comes over on a regular basis to visit, also signed up to rsvp, and now she has mates over here who she goes out with when she visits. She'll be emigrating in the next year or so (sponsored parents visa) and will have friends here when she arrives.

Anyway - I guess I'm just putting in a word for the website. There are thousands of folk on line, all ages and interests, who also want to meet new people, make new friends and relationships. You're sure to meet some interesting people if you put yourself out there.

Good luck!

W.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Are you kidding??? Not a hope. Wish I had done it years ago, 5 to be precise when my son first settled, and I first visited and fell in love with it.
So whereabouts exactly are you? I am half an hours drive from my grand daughter, then 15 mins onto Fremantle, and only half an hour by train from the city. The station is a 5 minute walk. I am virtually in the countryside, close to the Darling ranges of hills. Beautiful. Have texted Jane and she sounds happy. Wonder how many other of us Northamptonians are happily settled now?
Right over on the other side from you Just on the Queensland side of the WLD/NSW border, in the hills, five mins from the beach I think those that are out here are settled, but still a few stuck in the UK.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Might be of interest ...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BERIA/

Best regards.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:27 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

I would certainly be your friend if I lived in Perth

Have a look in on a site I have just found, it's www.getalife.com.au, they are not a dating site, they have groups and activities almost everywhere in Aus, you can try it for free then pay a fee if you wanna join up.

So far I have been invitied to rockclimbing, bushwalking and BBQ on the beach.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Milo
I would certainly be your friend if I lived in Perth

Have a look in on a site I have just found, it's www.getalife.com.au, they are not a dating site, they have groups and activities almost everywhere in Aus, you can try it for free then pay a fee if you wanna join up.

So far I have been invitied to rockclimbing, bushwalking and BBQ on the beach.

Hi Milo, many thanks for that, it certainly looks interesting, will give it a go!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Might be of interest ...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BERIA/

Best regards.
Many thanks. I am not retired yet, but will certainly check up on this site
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hi!

I came over on my own too, so can understand a bit of what you're going through. When I was still in the UK my brother got me to sign onto a website for singles in Australia, www.rsvp.com.au. I made lots of friends on line and when I got here I finally met them all. 2 years on and we're still mates. (I've since met and married an Aussie bloke)

My mum (who is in her 50's) is single and comes over on a regular basis to visit, also signed up to rsvp, and now she has mates over here who she goes out with when she visits. She'll be emigrating in the next year or so (sponsored parents visa) and will have friends here when she arrives.

Anyway - I guess I'm just putting in a word for the website. There are thousands of folk on line, all ages and interests, who also want to meet new people, make new friends and relationships. You're sure to meet some interesting people if you put yourself out there.

Good luck!

W.
WOW, thanks a lot. I have downloaded the site and it looks good. It has certainly worked for you and your mum. Thank you for your reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.