Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Young Fresh Auckland

Young Fresh Auckland

Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:04 am
Just Joined

tivoli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young Fresh Auckland

Back from Auckland and i can honestly say-what a great place to be!

I am trying to get back in April. When I arrived at Heathrow, yes I was sad. Miss the people, miss the open Kiwi mind framemis my beautiful darling and bab ,

I am 28 and right now London is Sh*t when compared.

Before I left I thought maybe this will be a great to visit but however, I miss it already.

London stinks, is terrorist paranoid, money hungry, greedy , competitive, self obsessed, moody, too media focussed and crowdy.

I truly believe that London is still the best place in the World but can be the worst (in terms of whether if you earning money).

I like London because you can earn shi*t loads of cash but the quality of life is poor compared to NZ.

I value this short meagre life that we are bequived, but if god (any god ) lived on earth, they would live in the South Island and shop at New World +plus drive a porsche. Roll on life and bring it on!!
Fluffy clouds!

I will apply for working Visa Dec 04. I currently work for UK L.A in planning. My partner is NZ cit, need to ear more cash though but right now i got balls biggger than melons about this move!

Mr big smiling balls and positive!x

Last edited by tivoli; Nov 27th 2004 at 1:15 am. Reason: add info
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:06 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young Fresh Auckland

Where are you in the visa process Tivoli? I know what you mean about London. I have friends that live and / or work there but I couldn't.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tivoli

I am trying to get back in April. When I arrived at Heathrow, yes I was sad. Miss the people, miss the open Kiwi mind framemis my beautiful darling and bab ,

Before I left I thought maybe this will be a great to visit but however, I miss it already.

London stinks, is terrorist paranoid, money hungry, greedy , competitive, self obsessed, moody, too media focussed and crowdy.

I truly believe that London is still the best place in the World but can be the worst (in terms of whether if you earning money).

I like London because you can earn shi*t loads of cash but the quality of life is poor compared to NZ.

I value this short meagre life that we are bequived, but if god (any god ) lived on earth, they would live in the South Island and shop at New World +plus drive a porsche. Roll on life and bring it on!!
Fluffy clouds!

I will apply for working Visa Dec 04. I currently work for UK L.A in planning. My partner is NZ cit, need to ear more cash though but right now i got balls biggger than melons about this move!

I found Auckland as ugly as Croydon with the same traffic and minimal public transport. Nice surrounding areas though.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bondipom
I found Auckland as ugly as Croydon with the same traffic and minimal public transport. Nice surrounding areas though.
HEY, I live in Croydon!!!!!!

It's not all ugly with bad public transport!!!! (I happen to work for Tramlink!!)

Kidding aside, Croydon has got 10 times worse in the last 5 years with crime, street rubbish and yobs! I personally think it's our Trams bringing ruffians into the town from other bad areas. I always liked Croydon, but in the last 5 years have seen such a decline that now I cant wait to move abroad.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 4:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I thought it was a hole & I used to live in Croydon, which is a hole too.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Young Fresh Auckland

Originally Posted by tivoli

Fluffy clouds!

I agree completely... just about to make the move ourselves just North of Auckland and can't wait!!!
Old Nov 28th 2004, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by ZimBabe
HEY, I live in Croydon!!!!!!

It's not all ugly with bad public transport!!!! (I happen to work for Tramlink!!)

Kidding aside, Croydon has got 10 times worse in the last 5 years with crime, street rubbish and yobs! I personally think it's our Trams bringing ruffians into the town from other bad areas. I always liked Croydon, but in the last 5 years have seen such a decline that now I cant wait to move abroad.
I remember when I last went to Wimbledon the people were complaining that the tram was bringing in unwanted types. My family in the Croydon area think the tram is excellent (they aren't the ruffians).
Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:39 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when I last went to Wimbledon the people were complaining that the tram was bringing in unwanted types. My family in the Croydon area think the tram is excellent (they aren't the ruffians).
I used to live in Richmond, which is generally regarded as a nice area. I saw more fights & trouble on a Friday night than I have seen anywhere else in London. The tram is good & it's being extended.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I used to live in Richmond, which is generally regarded as a nice area. I saw more fights & trouble on a Friday night than I have seen anywhere else in London. The tram is good & it's being extended.
Must be all the riverside pubs.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Only a minority few ruin it for everyone else, Around 99% of our passengers are really nice people and not ruffians

I am so glad we still have some supporters left!! I know for a fact how seriously we take running a good reliable service, of course we have a few problems such as overcrowding in the peak hours and safety/security issues late at night (Ruffians again!) but we are addressing these. The main one being introducing a new schedule next year which will decrease the time between trams on Line 1 (Wimbledon) from 10 down to 8 minutes and introduce an extra tram. We have also increased the amount of Security guards patrolling the system and British Transport Police are doing more plain clothes patrolling.

While I am here, can I just say to anyone using the Trams that if the doors are closing try pushing the button on the doors rather than jumping through closing doors as we get loads of complaints from people who get trapped/hurt in closing doors when I know that 8 times out of 10 the doors are on release and will re-open if only someone pressess the button! (If the sensor just inside the doors is not activated the doors will continue to close). Thanks