Reload this Page >

Young Family moving to Brisbane

Young Family moving to Brisbane

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 10:38 am
Just Joined

CLDCB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young Family moving to Brisbane

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice from people who've moved into Brisbane with young families, and the best way for me to obtain a visa for me and my 2 year old daughter.

My fiance has been offered a job in Australia, which will be an amazing opportunity for our family. He is due to fly out next week, but only has a 12 month working visa at the moment. I am choosing to stay behind with my little girl, as I am in my last year of my accounting degree.

I am looking for information on how me and my daughter would be able to get out there to live with her dad, and just the overall experience people have had moving to Brisbane; finding a job, housing, childcare and just the overall family life out there.

Thank-you
x
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young Family moving to Brisbane

Your fiancé is leaving you and his child behind Well I have seen stranger things I suppose.

What visa is he going on, there is nothing that goes by the name of "working visa". There is a "working holiday visa" people seem to forget the holiday bit of it though. If he is on this visa, then what is he going to do after 6 months and he is no longer allowed to work for the employer. Will he just come back? If so, is it even worth it?

If you mean he is getting an employer sponsored visa then he just puts you on the application form.

In my view, you should think very hard about the stress this will put on a relationship and a family. I don't know why you don't wait until you have finished your studying and then look to move together.
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 1:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young Family moving to Brisbane

Originally Posted by CLDCB
I am looking for information on how me and my daughter would be able to get out there to live with her dad
12 month working visa? As mentioned this sounds like a working holiday visa with the conditions BS has mentioned. It is also a condition of that visa you cannot be accompanied by dependent children at any time. You and your daughter could certainly come on a tourist visa but you need to consider that your partner would possibly be I'm breach of their visa conditions at that point. Would it go unnoticed...probably. It's probably too soon to worry about things like childcare...without a more substantive via these things will cost you an arm and a leg!