Reload this Page >

Young Families South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

Young Families South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

ruthie2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young Families South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

Hi,

Looking to meet young families in this area. We are currently living in Ormond and have a 1 year old boy. We have had several good friends return to the UK and looking to expand our group of friends.

Would love to hear from you.

Ruth
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

dannykc83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Young Families South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

Hello Ruth,

I am here on my own now but I also have a young family my little boy is 4 and he and my girlfriend will be over in a few months! Would be great to get to know some people as we dont have any family over here. How do you find Ormond im currently checking out the south east suburbs but finding it difficult to decide were to rent a house?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

ruthie2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the late reply - we have had family staying with us.

We really like Ormond, there are plenty of children's parks close by and lots of cafes. Carnegie and Glen Huntly are within walking distance and has a great main high street with a couple of child friendly cafes. The beach is a 10 minute drive away and we are very close to the train line.

Would be more than happy to meet up and fill you in on the surrounding suburbs to help you find the right place.

Good luck.
Ruth
Old Feb 17th 2012, 1:11 am
Just Joined

Cheers for the advice Ruth im having a difficult time at the minute deciding were to stay. I looked at a house in cheltenham but there didnt seem to be much going on there it seemed quite out of the way from shops or parks and i didnt get a good vibe. My partner Natalie likes the houses in Highett so im going to check the area out this weekend! Im going offshore for 3 weeks next week then home for a month after so would not get the chance to meet up until i return but would like to keep in touch. Once my family arrive it would be nice to meet up with you all!!!

Best Regards
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:27 am
Just Joined

lcgeordie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Im in the same position, wanting to know names of areas with local amenities etc as I intend on emigrating in the next year or so. My partner is coming out May this year to stay with my family in Eltham which I have been told is a lovely area to with good schools!! We have 2 children aged 6 and 3. My partner attended a roadshow in glasgow last wkend and one of the guys was telling him about the new development at point cook. I put a post on here and ive had mixed comments but it sounds like in the future it is going to be massive and really good. The properties are really reaonable aswell. If you check out parkbrook.com.au the site will tell you all about it. We were told that it is all british people buying/renting there. How long have you been in OZ Ruthie and are you enjoying it? Are you a permanent resident yet? What about you Danny have you got your visa yet?

Regards
Lynsey
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

gill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nice

Hi Ruth,
Have sent you a PM.
Cheers
Gill
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Icegeordie, my companies immigration lawyer is sorting this out as we speak so my visa should be sorted fairly shortly. Havent checked point cook out yet but will check it up on the net cheers let me know how you get on keep in touch x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:14 am
Just Joined

shellhobbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ruth,
We currently live in Sandhurst (nr Carrum Downs/Patterson Lakes) but used to live in Bentleigh East so know Ormond well and have a few friends in the area (it's a great place to live). I have a 1 yr old boy and a 2 yrs old boy (almost 3). How long have you been living here?