Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Young couple looking to emigrate to Aus...

Young couple looking to emigrate to Aus...

Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Young couple looking to emigrate to Aus...

Hello - see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557547 for my previous thead about 2 years ago!

I'm back! We never really settled on any plans for Aus, so are now back looking at our options.

I am still working as an IT Support Technician (just over 2 years now), I have MCP, MCDST and 3 Open University Level 1 30 point courses under my belt, with a Cert. in ICT Practice on way by October this year. We own our own home, and I never mentioned previously, that my partner has a Grand Father living in Melbourne who could sponsor us potentially?

Just wondering if there are any recent changes or whether anyone has any advice on which Visas we should look into?

Sorry to ask again!! :-)

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Young couple looking to emigrate to Aus...

Have a look at the DIAC website for your visa options and you can do a quick check on there to see how many points you have. I'd be surprised if you'd qualify as a skilled migrant with what you describe tbh (in the absense of an IT related degree I think you'd need a lot more than two years experience) but I'm no expert. Alternatively have a chat with a migration agent who will be able to advise better. Good luck
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Young couple looking to emigrate to Aus...

Thanks for this - looking on the DIAC website going through the points - my occupation (computing support technician - 40 points) says requirements are either 3 years experience or a diploma - so nothing mentioned about a degree.

Currently with 2 years experience the points add up to 85 (with native english points at 15), however if I complete the IELTS test, I can get an additional 10 points bumping me up to 95. If I could get State/Gov nomination this would add 10 points also, or for 3 years experience in my skilled occupation that would add 5 points.

Has any one on here gone over under Computing Support Technician?