Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you still where you emigrated too?

Are you still where you emigrated too?

Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Are you still where you emigrated too?

Just a question to see really.

Has everyone moved to where they wanted to from the UK, have you stayed where you first moved to? Have you moved around and where is it you feel home is now? Is it where you are living now?

Just to let you know that we wanted to live either Gold coast or Sunshine coast in the UK, but got offered a job in Perth so moved there. Loved it while there, but in the GFC we had to go where the work was and ended up moving to Cairns, and wow what a difference to Perth, then due to a change in circumstances we moved to the Gold coast and have defiantly decided Qld is for us.....don't think I could go back to living in Perth (sorry to all in Perth) Just the lifestyle here is more suited to our family.

We call the gold coast home well Qld really. and are glad we made the move.

I would love to hear what everyone else has to say,
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you still where you emigrated too?

I went to Brisbane but am now in Melbourne & much happier for it!

Moved because I wanted to, not for job or other practical reasons.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I went to Sydney and stayed in Sydney (and can't imagine living anywhere else).

Within Sydney I started in Balmain, spent a couple of years in the Shire then came back to Balmain (and can't imagine living anywhere else )
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Are you still where you emigrated too?

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Has everyone moved to where they wanted to from the UK, have you stayed where you first moved to?
Yep.

Have you moved around and where is it you feel home is now?
Haven't moved around. Still in Adelaide.

Is it where you are living now?
Yep.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:41 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

6 years in and I haven't moved (my Aussie OH has always lived around here) ... might consider Tassie after the kid has been through school.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:54 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Moved from Sydney after 2 weeks to Melbourne.... 7 1/2 years ago. Very happy here.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I live round the corner from LJJ and have been here 3.5 years and also very happy here!

BB
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes.

If we were younger ,we would probably move on.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Sydney, Melbourne, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney then Brisbane. All the travel was with work. Quit my job to stay in Brisbane.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:23 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Just a question to see really.

Has everyone moved to where they wanted to from the UK, have you stayed where you first moved to? Have you moved around and where is it you feel home is now? Is it where you are living now?

Just to let you know that we wanted to live either Gold coast or Sunshine coast in the UK, but got offered a job in Perth so moved there. Loved it while there, but in the GFC we had to go where the work was and ended up moving to Cairns, and wow what a difference to Perth, then due to a change in circumstances we moved to the Gold coast and have defiantly decided Qld is for us.....don't think I could go back to living in Perth (sorry to all in Perth) Just the lifestyle here is more suited to our family.

We call the gold coast home well Qld really. and are glad we made the move.

I would love to hear what everyone else has to say,
No started in Brisbane then moved to a teeny tiny town called Tannum Sands in CQ and now in Perth.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we came to Brisbane and still here, in fact still in the suburb we had our first rental in. Love it in this area and have no intention of moving
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Yes, We moved to Brisbane and have just bought our own house here so Should not be moving anytime soon!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:34 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to where I am because it is in the middle of nowhere. That's where I want to stay. Luckily, that's where my wife was and is and wants to stay also.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Dublin to Cyprus, Cyprus to various parts of the UK, Uk to Perth. More then happy were we are for now, but never say never. What I can say is that this is the most settled we have felt in many years, both of us feel that this is the longest we have stayed in one place without getting itchy feet and starting to make plans for a move, so maybe that means we're staying put, who knows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.