Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You refugees are the cause of this in Perth

You refugees are the cause of this in Perth

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 4:28 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default You refugees are the cause of this in Perth

If a big state like WA cannot cope with the a few 100, 000 more people more what do the smaller states do , could be Bob Carrs is spot on theres a first for everything?

PERTH'S urban sprawl is forecast to worsen over the next five years as people continue to settle in suburbs in the city's south-west.

The sprawl is a planning nightmare and has prompted the State Government to warn of environmental, social and economic costs.

Releasing a five-year overview of residential development, Planning and Infrastructure Minister Alannah MacTiernan blamed land shortages in Perth's inner and middle city suburbs for a dramatic slowing in growth rates.

Ms MacTiernan said the unbalanced growth, which led to demands for new schools, hospitals and transport services in fringe suburbs while existing infrastructure was under- utilised, could not continue.

"The cost of the sprawl to the community - socially, environmentally and economically - really is unsustainable," Ms MacTiernan said.

"Ultimately, if we continue the way we are going we will see Perth spread from Geraldton to Bunbury."

The Urban Land Release Plan shows Perth's population will increase by 130,600 to 1.62 million people by 2007. Over the five years, 60,000 residential lots will be created.

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 11:39 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: You refugees are the cause of this in Perth

Originally posted by pommie bastard
PERTH'S urban sprawl is forecast to worsen over the next five years as people continue to settle in suburbs in the city's south-west.
Trouble is, the Commonwealth sets the immigration quotas and rakes in the taxes, States are left holding the baby, have no say in the parentage.

Can not expect the individual imigrant to give a damn until after the problem affects them on the ground. Anyway, it gives them a purpose in life, to whine about lack of community, services, jobs, weather, bities & beasties etc.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 12:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Trouble is, the Commonwealth sets the immigration quotas and rakes in the taxes, States are left holding the baby, have no say in the parentage.

Can not expect the individual imigrant to give a damn until after the problem affects them on the ground. Anyway, it gives them a purpose in life, to whine about lack of community, services, jobs, weather, bities & beasties etc.

To get it down to my level , immigration is the blood that Australia drinks in order to live a blood sucker that requires suckers?

Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

To get it down to my level , immigration is the blood that Australia drinks in order to live a blood sucker that requires suckers?

Personally only ever smelt Pom blood, never sucked.

Jack and the Beanstalk

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 4th 2003 at 1:29 am.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:35 am
Banned

Personally only ever smelt Pom blood, never sucked.
Well thats makes me sleep easier at nights the Mozzies take far too much of mine now.
I do wonder why human nature makes us all flock to over crowded suburbs in nowhere parts of the world rather than find space to breath in smaller groups .
Many on this forum talk big about a great adventure that they are embarking on , to live in a surburbian waste land I think not , this is not a place that adventurous people bother with.

Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:25 am
Banned

Well thats makes me sleep easier at nights the Mozzies take far too much of mine now.
I do wonder why human nature makes us all flock to over crowded suburbs in nowhere parts of the world rather than find space to breath in smaller groups .
Many on this forum talk big about a great adventure that they are embarking on , to live in a surburbian waste land I think not , this is not a place that adventurous people bother with.

Seems a common exclaimation is how much bigger house immigrants can afford. Living in a small house with a growing family makes one feel like the walls are closing in. Having a growing family is a fair recipie for not having much dosh left to buy a bigger house, the walls accelerate.

At the same time the parents are of the age where they start pulling harder and harder in the straps while the marketeers crack the whip driving them into purchases of "essentials".

A good recipie for "what's happened to my life" and a difficult balancing act.

Australia is as good a place for an adventure as any but not in the suburbs which are merely life support systems. Difficult for responsible parents to have a serious non-urban adventure towing wee kiddie winks.

Only recourse for most is a fast paced career in the big city.

Life in a Northern Town

PEOPLE WAVE

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 4th 2003 at 2:50 am.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:18 am
Banned

Australia is as good a place for an adventure as any but not in the suburbs which are merely life support systems. Difficult for responsible parents to have a serious non-urban adventure towing wee kiddie winks.

Only recourse for most is a fast paced career in the big city.

Life in a Northern Town
I disagree on the line Australia is as good as any for adventure . its the most over regulated country in the world a nanny state that gives little freedom and make new laws every week that erode what little there is.
9 goverments means 8 too many , what with state , federal and council laws there is no room to explore personal freedom.
The size of a home can matter but a bigger home also brings problems , the closest families I have come across lived in very small homes.
Australia was dream country a 100 years ago nows its a dumping ground for the dreamers.

Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:44 am
Banned

I disagree on the line Australia is as good as any for adventure . its the most over regulated country in the world a nanny state that gives little freedom and make new laws every week that erode what little there is.
9 goverments means 8 too many , what with state , federal and council laws there is no room to explore personal freedom.
The size of a home can matter but a bigger home also brings problems , the closest families I have come across lived in very small homes.
Australia was dream country a 100 years ago nows its a dumping ground for the dreamers.

Get a bill for street sleeping again?
Old Apr 4th 2003, 3:55 am
Banned

Get a bill for street sleeping again?
I think its just legal to walk on them would not kip on one , hide out in the scrub that landscapes our far city .

Old Apr 4th 2003, 4:19 am
Banned

I think its just legal to walk on them would not kip on one , hide out in the scrub that landscapes our far city .

Shhhh! They'll all want a gunyah. Don't want that fly in riff raff spoiling our campfire corroborations.

Not partial to John Williamson? Ahwell:
Granny's Little Gunyah

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 4th 2003 at 4:37 am.