British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/you-new-mackay-we-meeting-thursday-if-you-want-join-us-544604/)

claire doyle Jun 23rd 2008 2:39 am

Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
Hi there are a few of us that meet up on Thursdays and other days mostly British (welsh Irish and English). We have a good chat laugh and moan. Varies in age and kids so you will fit in.:thumbsup:

hollykimalan Jul 4th 2008 1:32 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
We would love to Come to your meet.
However, we are stuck in the UK.
I have job lined up in a Hospital in Mackay and we are waiting for the house to sell and for our visa to come through...
Keep in touch please with more info on Mackay. We have not actually been there yet! Any stuff you would like to share about it?
HKA
x

claire doyle Jul 4th 2008 1:49 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
Hi,

I live about 5 mins from Mackay hospital (been there a few times with my 3 boys!!)

Where are you from in the UK? I am from South Wales.

We have been in Mackay for 2 years we emigrated in 1997 spent first year in Perth then 2 years in Blackwater in QLD !!! Uggg then went back to Wales after my second son was born then came back in July 06. We never sold our house in the Uk and rent it out ... and its worked out really well. We are renting in Mackay at the moment as my husband has just had a job in Hunter Valley NSW (he is mining engineer) so might be moving on .. but if you email me i can put you in touch with all the others just in case i wont be here. I can send you much more info if you email so keep in touch:thumbsup:

Claire

Geelong Gent Jul 4th 2008 2:07 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by claire doyle (Post 6493406)
Hi there are a few of us that meet up on Thursdays and other days mostly British (welsh Irish and English). We have a good chat laugh and moan. Varies in age and kids so you will fit in.:thumbsup:

Where do you meetup?

I'm going to come up the end of the month.

claire doyle Jul 4th 2008 6:55 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
We meet different places for lunch varies from week to week, meet at parks in school holidays. There are about 12 women varying in age. Havent any plans for next week yet. Where are you from?

Geelong Gent Jul 4th 2008 8:18 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by claire doyle (Post 6532522)
Hi,


I live about 5 mins from Mackay hospital (been there a few times with my 3 boys!!)

Where are you from in the UK? I am from South Wales.

We have been in Mackay for 2 years we emigrated in 1997 spent first year in Perth then 2 years in Blackwater in QLD !!! Uggg then went back to Wales after my second son was born then came back in July 06. We never sold our house in the Uk and rent it out ... and its worked out really well. We are renting in Mackay at the moment as my husband has just had a job in Hunter Valley NSW (he is mining engineer) so might be moving on .. but if you email me i can put you in touch with all the others just in case i wont be here. I can send you much more info if you email so keep in touch:thumbsup:

Claire

:ohmy:
You might want to get your email off the main thread

claire doyle Jul 4th 2008 8:33 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
Just realised that but dont know how to do it!!!

hollykimalan Jul 4th 2008 9:23 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
Hello Claire,

My name is August Joseph Lumpopo the son of the murdered King of the
African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I have over $30 Million in a Bank account which I would like you to help move to a place of safety.....
etc etc etc....

Just a wee flavour of the kind of junk mail to expect with nutters out there
sweeping the internet for email addresses.
I am sure a mod could delete your post for you!
HKA
x

Geelong Gent Jul 4th 2008 9:23 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by claire doyle (Post 6533101)
Just realised that but dont know how to do it!!!

Does it still come up with "Edit"?

if not contact one of the moderators, Sue, Polly, Simon aka BuzzyBee

Most people direct to communication via PM(private message)
:)

Geelong Gent Jul 4th 2008 9:24 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by hollykimalan (Post 6533264)
Hello Claire,

My name is August Joseph Lumpopo the son of the murdered King of the
African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I have over $30 Million in a Bank account which I would like you to help move to a place of safety.....
etc etc etc....

Just a wee flavour of the kind of junk mail to expect with nutters out there
sweeping the internet for email addresses.
I am sure a mod could delete your post for you!
HKA
x

Hey August I sent the cheque but no reply??:rofl:

hollykimalan Jul 4th 2008 9:43 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by hollykimalan (Post 6533264)
Hello Claire,

My name is August Joseph Lumpopo the son of the murdered King of the
African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I have over $30 Million in a Bank account which I would like you to help move to a place of safety.....
etc etc etc....

Just a wee flavour of the kind of junk mail to expect with nutters out there
sweeping the internet for email addresses.
I am sure a mod could delete your post for you!
HKA
x

Oh No...I fogoting to putting in the grammatically errors in my letter. Much apoligising kind sir.
Must be of the mind of remembering next time i am of writing to you.
Thanking of the very much kindness.
August
x

claire doyle Jul 5th 2008 11:27 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
My name is now Claire Lumpopo the wife of the son of the murdered King of the African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I now have the $30 Million in a Bank account which I helped him move to a place of safety!!

Only now mastered 'face book' and now there are more challenges:confused:

claire doyle Jul 5th 2008 11:33 am

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
:) And with a blink of an eye it was gone!!!!!!!:D

Should have studied computers!

Thanks:thumbsup:

aidbish Jul 10th 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 
where abouts do you meet up, havn't been on the forum for a long time so didn't know about the mackay meet ups
me and the wife and kids have been in mackay since 2005


Adrian

claire doyle Jul 10th 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.
 

Originally Posted by aidbish (Post 6556224)
where abouts do you meet up, havn't been on the forum for a long time so didn't know about the mackay meet ups
me and the wife and kids have been in mackay since 2005


Adrian

Generally the women meet up in the week for lunch when the older children are back in school mostly on a Thursday, Blacks Beach tavern, souths, marina, botanic gdns etc. Then we often meet on a weekend with husbands and children but havent done that for a while so need to organise one soon. Will be doing something next week so let us know if you can make it and i will tell you venue and time(havent decided yet)


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:59 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.