Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:39 am
Just Joined

claire doyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

Hi there are a few of us that meet up on Thursdays and other days mostly British (welsh Irish and English). We have a good chat laugh and moan. Varies in age and kids so you will fit in.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

We would love to Come to your meet.
However, we are stuck in the UK.
I have job lined up in a Hospital in Mackay and we are waiting for the house to sell and for our visa to come through...
Keep in touch please with more info on Mackay. We have not actually been there yet! Any stuff you would like to share about it?
HKA
x
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

Hi,

I live about 5 mins from Mackay hospital (been there a few times with my 3 boys!!)

Where are you from in the UK? I am from South Wales.

We have been in Mackay for 2 years we emigrated in 1997 spent first year in Perth then 2 years in Blackwater in QLD !!! Uggg then went back to Wales after my second son was born then came back in July 06. We never sold our house in the Uk and rent it out ... and its worked out really well. We are renting in Mackay at the moment as my husband has just had a job in Hunter Valley NSW (he is mining engineer) so might be moving on .. but if you email me i can put you in touch with all the others just in case i wont be here. I can send you much more info if you email so keep in touch

Claire

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jul 4th 2008 at 8:51 am.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you new to Mackay? we are meeting on Thursday if you want to join us.

Originally Posted by claire doyle
Hi there are a few of us that meet up on Thursdays and other days mostly British (welsh Irish and English). We have a good chat laugh and moan. Varies in age and kids so you will fit in.
Where do you meetup?

I'm going to come up the end of the month.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:55 am
Just Joined

We meet different places for lunch varies from week to week, meet at parks in school holidays. There are about 12 women varying in age. Havent any plans for next week yet. Where are you from?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:18 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I live about 5 mins from Mackay hospital (been there a few times with my 3 boys!!)

Where are you from in the UK? I am from South Wales.

We have been in Mackay for 2 years we emigrated in 1997 spent first year in Perth then 2 years in Blackwater in QLD !!! Uggg then went back to Wales after my second son was born then came back in July 06. We never sold our house in the Uk and rent it out ... and its worked out really well. We are renting in Mackay at the moment as my husband has just had a job in Hunter Valley NSW (he is mining engineer) so might be moving on .. but if you email me i can put you in touch with all the others just in case i wont be here. I can send you much more info if you email so keep in touch

Claire

You might want to get your email off the main thread

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jul 4th 2008 at 8:52 am.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Just realised that but dont know how to do it!!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Hello Claire,

My name is August Joseph Lumpopo the son of the murdered King of the
African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I have over $30 Million in a Bank account which I would like you to help move to a place of safety.....
etc etc etc....

Just a wee flavour of the kind of junk mail to expect with nutters out there
sweeping the internet for email addresses.
I am sure a mod could delete your post for you!
HKA
x
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:23 am
Has left the building

Just realised that but dont know how to do it!!!
Does it still come up with "Edit"?

if not contact one of the moderators, Sue, Polly, Simon aka BuzzyBee

Most people direct to communication via PM(private message)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:24 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hello Claire,

African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I have over $30 Million in a Bank account which I would like you to help move to a place of safety.....
etc etc etc....

HKA
x
Hey August I sent the cheque but no reply??
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hello Claire,

etc etc etc....

HKA
x
Oh No...I fogoting to putting in the grammatically errors in my letter. Much apoligising kind sir.
Must be of the mind of remembering next time i am of writing to you.
Thanking of the very much kindness.
August
x
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

My name is now Claire Lumpopo the wife of the son of the murdered King of the African Kingdom of Zanipipia Land. I now have the $30 Million in a Bank account which I helped him move to a place of safety!!

Only now mastered 'face book' and now there are more challenges
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

And with a blink of an eye it was gone!!!!!!!

Should have studied computers!

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:31 pm

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

where abouts do you meet up, havn't been on the forum for a long time so didn't know about the mackay meet ups
me and the wife and kids have been in mackay since 2005

Adrian
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aidbish
where abouts do you meet up, havn't been on the forum for a long time so didn't know about the mackay meet ups
me and the wife and kids have been in mackay since 2005

Adrian
Generally the women meet up in the week for lunch when the older children are back in school mostly on a Thursday, Blacks Beach tavern, souths, marina, botanic gdns etc. Then we often meet on a weekend with husbands and children but havent done that for a while so need to organise one soon. Will be doing something next week so let us know if you can make it and i will tell you venue and time(havent decided yet)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.