Reload this Page >

Are You moving to Adelaide?

Are You moving to Adelaide?

Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are You moving to Adelaide?

Originally posted by Nicstids
To the best of my knowledge you have 12 months to validate from the date of your police checks or medicals, whichever is the earlier in time. This is why some agents do not recommend front loading your application as you can end up in a situation where you have to re-do your medicals and/ or police checks. (Bit expensive where medicals concerned!)
You are right unless they ask someone to take a health undertaking(in our case my wife to contact the health people within 1 month of arrival because of poor quality xray)then it limits you to 6 months from the health undertaking.We thought until 5 weeks ago that we had until beg of dec but were told it was 1st october.We fly tomorrow
:scared:
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please please...where is Adelaide Brits!!?

Originally posted by podgypossum
HAHAHA..i see what you mean Colin. I am also from just outside London, place called Pinner...how about you? I also owned a taxi company for a while. I am still in Auckland at the moment and it makes me laugh when they moan about the traffic here. I remember being on the M25 stuck in a 18miles tailback...now THATS bad traffic!!! I am sure my husband wont complain about 20min drive to work.
Hi PP,

We lived in Tolworth, Surrey, just next to the A3 but had to travel into Wandsworth most days for work. Luckily I rode a motorbike so was'nt affected by the traffic so much.

Colin
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: please please...where is Adelaide Brits!!?

Originally posted by colinnsam
Hi PP,

We lived in Tolworth, Surrey, just next to the A3 but had to travel into Wandsworth most days for work. Luckily I rode a motorbike so was'nt affected by the traffic so much.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I sure wouldnt want to drive from Tolworth to Wandsworth in rush hour.
How long have you been in Adelaide? Our move form Auckalnd has happened so fast, i am still in a state of shock and desperately trying to find out information quickly as we come there in a matter of a few weeks. I have never been to Australia let alone Adelaide.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

PP,
We've been here for about 6 months now. Renting at the moment until we can find a property that suits us. The weather has been great this weekend, so we are just of to the beach for a walk.

Colin
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:21 pm
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future

Hi all

Yes we thought we had 12 months but believe me what happened happened. The agent tried to get info out of Adelaide but as the clock was ticking and they just were not responding he advised us to go otherwise we would have to do a whole lot more paper work and go through several stages (including police checks and medicals) again.

The agent was marvelous up to then (Ian Harrop and Associates) and so it may have been a clerical error but sadly it seems we will never know.

As I have said just be careful!

Best regards

PJK
(Pete, Deb, Victoria, Francesca and Olivia)
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:12 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PJK
Hi all

Yes we thought we had 12 months but believe me what happened happened. The agent tried to get info out of Adelaide but as the clock was ticking and they just were not responding he advised us to go otherwise we would have to do a whole lot more paper work and go through several stages (including police checks and medicals) again.

The agent was marvelous up to then (Ian Harrop and Associates) and so it may have been a clerical error but sadly it seems we will never know.

As I have said just be careful!

Best regards

PJK
(Pete, Deb, Victoria, Francesca and Olivia)

PJ
Many thanks for sharing your info.
Lets just hope they give us some better notice than the notice they gave you.
Cheers.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:29 pm
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
PJ
Many thanks for sharing your info.
Lets just hope they give us some better notice than the notice they gave you.
Cheers.

Don't worry we are the only ones I have heard of this happening to. Most people get a full year I think we were just unlucky.

Regards PJK
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are You moving to Adelaide?

When we stayed with friends in Adalaide in 2001, we stayed in a place called Happy Valley. It was a 10 minute ish drive out of the city. The house had four bedrooms, garage, and a pool with its own pool house. The housing estate it was on was lovely, although quite hilly, infact a short drive from the house and you found fantastic view over Adalaid at night time. All the city was lit up and it just looked fantastic.
The price of this house then was £75,000. Obviously prices would have gone up and the exchange rate is not as good now, but I really recommend the place.
Good Luck.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all we've been in adelaide now for a short while and as has been said whever ever you isnt far from anywhere else, someone did mention 30k+ being not far from the city-thats true as long as you dont mean north of the city-right now the commute is getting longer and longer!! but still nowhere near uk traffic.

beach wise wherever u are is great although if you dont like crowds at the weekend , and cars lined up outside your door forget anthing from henley to glenelg.

wherevev u are you'll love it, the sun nearly always shines, the people are great and there's always something going on

rose tinted glasses are still on:-)
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark and Claire,

Where do you hang from in the north. I live 16kn on the North side and takes 40 mins to work. Still too long, although there is rarely a traffic jam as such, but the lights take so long to turn green here.

I also saw 3 separate car smashes at the side of the road yesterday, and so much glass on the road generally, so there are lots of careless drvers around.

Mash

Originally posted by marknclaire
hi all we've been in adelaide now for a short while and as has been said whever ever you isnt far from anywhere else, someone did mention 30k+ being not far from the city-thats true as long as you dont mean north of the city-right now the commute is getting longer and longer!! but still nowhere near uk traffic.

beach wise wherever u are is great although if you dont like crowds at the weekend , and cars lined up outside your door forget anthing from henley to glenelg.

wherevev u are you'll love it, the sun nearly always shines, the people are great and there's always something going on

rose tinted glasses are still on:-)
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry not clear-yes we have exactly the same problem the lights at gepps X let 4 cars through at a time, grrh :-) use alternate routes nowadays.
we're up in mawson lakes.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We're just above you, look up the hill - We're in Gulfview Heights, so we're neighbours!!

It'd be good to hear how you are settling in.

Mash

PS I use Salisbury Highway and South Road instead...

Originally posted by marknclaire
sorry not clear-yes we have exactly the same problem the lights at gepps X let 4 cars through at a time, grrh :-) use alternate routes nowadays.
we're up in mawson lakes.