Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You may not have realised this (Aussie dollar/ GBP last gasp)

You may not have realised this (Aussie dollar/ GBP last gasp)

Old May 23rd 2003, 6:29 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You may not have realised this (Aussie dollar/ GBP last gasp)

You just missed the last chance to get the AUD at GBP1 = AUD 2.50 for a wee whiley.

Now heading for the dog leg downwards.

Cheers - Don
Old May 23rd 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You may not have realised this (Aussie dollar/ GBP last gasp)

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
You just missed the last chance to get the AUD at GBP1 = AUD 2.50 for a wee whiley.

Now heading for the dog leg downwards.

Cheers - Don
Got to think long term, it has gone up down as the years have gone by so why is it so special this time !!!

The Dollar is now biting OZ exporters, hitting the mining industry too ...

So who know's,

But for the pommies returning better not hang about, no one knows whats around the corner ...
Old May 23rd 2003, 9:21 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Don,
You're a wild one!
Mr Norm with the finacial answers then a post like this! You Mr Green on the sly?
Look at the last couple of year, the Aussie $ does good in summer come back in the Autumn and lets talk again.

Dinky
Old May 24th 2003, 2:17 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by Dinky
Don,
You're a wild one!
Mr Norm with the finacial answers then a post like this! You Mr Green on the sly?
Look at the last couple of year, the Aussie $ does good in summer come back in the Autumn and lets talk again.

Dinky
Well I have to admit that as far as my expert knowledge on currencies and reading the future goes, I could just be talking a load of old codswallop. Like many economists.

But the trend on GBP/AUD conversion is extremely clear over the last 6 months and trends tend to continue.

Until they reverse.

Cheers - Don

Last edited by The Don; May 24th 2003 at 2:20 am.
Old May 24th 2003, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

jseni01d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Well I have to admit that as far as my expert knowledge on currencies and reading the future goes, I could just be talking a load of old codswallop. Like many economists.

But the trend on GBP/AUD conversion is extremely clear over the last 6 months and trends tend to continue.

Until they reverse.

Cheers - Don
As for NZ, the finance minister has made his clearest comments yet that the NZ$ has risen enough. There is now speculation that the RBNZ (central bank) may cut interest rates by 0.5% (a 0.25% cut is the odds-on favourite, though) in June to stem the tide and may cut further later in the year. This would hopefully (for those heading to NZ) prevent the NZ$ from zooming up much further, and may even cause a short-term drop in its value.

Cheers,
John
Old May 24th 2003, 4:04 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by jseni01d
As for NZ, the finance minister has made his clearest comments yet that the NZ$ has risen enough. There is now speculation that the RBNZ (central bank) may cut interest rates by 0.5% (a 0.25% cut is the odds-on favourite, though) in June to stem the tide and may cut further later in the year. This would hopefully (for those heading to NZ) prevent the NZ$ from zooming up much further, and may even cause a short-term drop in its value.

Cheers,
John
Let's hope so - got to buy a house in September/ October.

Cheers - Don