Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you're in Joondalup when...

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:27 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know you're in Joondalup when...

OK a thread for Perthites but could equally apply to any Aussie suburb with lots of Pommies. OK I'll start.

You know you're in Joondalup when... you go in to a shop and are served by a toothless scouser woman.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:53 pm
Checkin' the world out.

nixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nice
Default Re: You know you're in Joondalup when...

Originally Posted by renth
OK a thread for Perthites but could equally apply to any Aussie suburb with lots of Pommies. OK I'll start.

You know you're in Joondalup when... you go in to a shop and are served by a toothless scouser woman.
It's perfectly acceptable to sport tats, bling, Chelsea tops, spindly ultra white legs in adidas shorts, and a Costa Del Sol attitude.

Joondalup should be renamed Manchester-on-Tyne.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nixstuff
It's perfectly acceptable to sport tats, bling, Chelsea tops, spindly ultra white legs in adidas shorts, and a Costa Del Sol attitude.

Joondalup should be renamed Manchester-on-Tyne.

Yep how true is this. Anywhere North of Mullaloo is like been in little Britian.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:46 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know what they all did with there Man United Shirts ???
Did they manage to trade them in for Chelsea ones ?
Or are they all fake of the market so only worth a couple of quid!

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in Joondalup when... drivers don't flip the bird but do the "w*nker sign" instead.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:24 am
Checkin' the world out.

nixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nice

You suddenly realise you feel incredibly aussie, and feel far more comfortable south of Whitfords Ave.

Who are these Costa fodder pommie prats infesting our new country? We thought/hoped we'd left these clowns behind...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=renth]OK a thread for Perthites but could equally apply to any Aussie suburb with lots of Pommies. OK I'll start.[QUOTE]

When you walk into the Mall and see blokes wearing England football shirts and Next baseball hats and 1/4 length shorts.....

When you listen to some (loosely) English person trying to communicate by speaking slower and comparing everything to back home....

When your driving behind a car with "Ecosse" or "England" stickers on the back.

Its so embarassing being British some days here
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:02 am
(It's not my real name)

Every other car's numberplate is something like MUFC, NUFC, LUFC, SWFC.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:03 am
Checkin' the world out.

[QUOTE=Centurion][QUOTE=renth]OK a thread for Perthites but could equally apply to any Aussie suburb with lots of Pommies. OK I'll start.

When you walk into the Mall and see blokes wearing England football shirts and Next baseball hats and 1/4 length shorts.....

When you listen to some (loosely) English person trying to communicate by speaking slower and comparing everything to back home....

When your driving behind a car with "Ecosse" or "England" stickers on the back.

Its so embarassing being British some days here

It's a hang up from our colonial days. As a race, we still have NO IDEA and even less interest in slotting gently into another culture, we proudly stick it all in people's faces. But these days instead of muskets and King and Country, it's Burberry and soccer (sorry, FOOTBALL) we dump on all and sundry.

And you wonder why they resent us here sometimes...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:05 am
(It's not my real name)

... You walk in to a bar and despite the fact there is a big AFL game on the other channel everyone is watching premiership soccer repeats and drinking pints of Stella.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

All the blokes are covered in tattoos.................
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:38 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

All the blokes are covered in tattoos.................
Anyone else seen the guy with the huge bagpipe playing, kilt wearing, tartan warrior tattoo on his back?
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nixstuff][QUOTE=Centurion]

It's a hang up from our colonial days. As a race, we still have NO IDEA and even less interest in slotting gently into another culture, we proudly stick it all in people's faces. But these days instead of muskets and King and Country, it's Burberry and soccer (sorry, FOOTBALL) we dump on all and sundry.

And you wonder why they resent us here sometimes...
I couldn't agree more. Quite chuffed littlen 2 year old already has an Aussie accent. I shall pretend he's an Aussie

However, littlen 5 month old, that's different. Aussie born but British made
BE Forum Addict

Anyone else seen the guy with the huge bagpipe playing, kilt wearing, tartan warrior tattoo on his back?
Funny, that's always how I pictured you
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:50 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Funny, that's always how I pictured you
Actually it is me.

Next time you, or any one else for that matter sees me I'll buy you a drink, but only if you come up to me and say "Oi, you big, ugly Scottish tw*t, you owe me a pint."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.