Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you are a true Aussie when.....

You know you are a true Aussie when.....

Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:27 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: You know you are a true Aussie when.....

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Apparently he presented "A current affair" and was a reporter on "60 minutes"....so the Bloke says. Not being an Aussie yet, I hadn't a clue!
Thanks for clueing me in.....I'm off to find some Aussie friends to amaze with my new found wisdom. They'll be impressed after talking about a lay-by at the side of the road and getting blank stares from everyone.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by banjo
Thanks for clueing me in.....I'm off to find some Aussie friends to amaze with my new found wisdom. They'll be impressed after talking about a lay-by at the side of the road and getting blank stares from everyone.

Thats because here a Layby means you can purchase something and pay a bit off each week/month hey
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

You know your kids are Aussies when they're language deteriorates to the "what the.......", "that's full sick", "Whatever"

You know you are a true Aussie when.....you go shopping & see heaps of stuff you actually like, stuff you'd have run a mile from when you arrived!

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely it is Davo not Dave.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:27 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westiepom
Wait untill you're asked if you want to sit on the dick !!
enlighten me ! before I make a fool of myself one day

Sel x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
enlighten me ! before I make a fool of myself one day

Sel x
NZ accent........ basically inviting you to join him on the verandah!

Similar to the Kiwi who stopped at my desk today and asked me "I'm looking for the Annual Reports. Do you have sex in that box?" VERY hard not to laugh out loud......(at least until he'd gone!)
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:44 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

NZ accent........ basically inviting you to join him on the verandah!

Similar to the Kiwi who stopped at my desk today and asked me "I'm looking for the Annual Reports. Do you have sex in that box?" VERY hard not to laugh out loud......(at least until he'd gone!)
OMG - will have to warn the other half LOL

Sel x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
OMG - will have to warn the other half LOL

Sel x
Another Kiwi phrase is "Fush and Chups"...doesn't have quite the same ring to it really!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:56 am
sel
~~~

Another Kiwi phrase is "Fush and Chups"...doesn't have quite the same ring to it really!

At work we have a kiwi vet who's been here for 2 months - he goes home in another months time and it is only recently that I have got used to his accent and can translate what he is saying (he is gorgeous tho - so we just smiled sweetly and nodded)

Sel x