Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you are addicted to this site when......

Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:57 pm
Cheeky

Default You know you are addicted to this site when......

Hi everyone,

A little thing that could have been a big thing (LOL) happened to me at work the other day............................

I was sending an email to a (male) work collegue and when it came to signing off at the end instead of signing off with my name I typed Cheeky!!!

Luckily, I must have had my wits about me, cos I noticed and rapidly deleted the word 'Cheeky' and put my own name.

I know it doesnt sound a big deal but where I work they have no idea of my future plans or this site. So can you imagine at a team meeting trying to explain who the hell 'Cheeky' was and did I have something to tell them!!! LOL
So the moral of this story is 'be careful what name you choose for this site.....it could land you into trouble!!!!!!!'

Cheeky

Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: You know you are addicted to this site when......

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi everyone,

Cheeky
Hi Cheeky, some names would have been more easy to explain right enough!!
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Where I used to work. all the equipment on the production line was connected to the network, so that if some measurement went outside the set limits, an email was generated to a group of people (several directors, managers, engineers and me included). Whoever was on shift at the time had to investigate and then 'reply to all' saying what they had done. On a busy shift, you might get to do this 40 or 50 times so typing that group email into the 'to' field became a habit.
Anyway, I'd been having a bit of banter with this woman in another department one night shift (as you do ) and on replying, accidentally sent a rather saucy email to this email group
Funnily enough, nobody ever mentioned it but I kept a low profile for some time after that
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:19 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by logan
Hi Cheeky, some names would have been more easy to explain right enough!!

Well your right Logan but I will be honest!!!!!!!

I sat here (when I was signing up for the forum) thinking of a name.....a name.... something that describes me.........eeeeerrrrr. I tried to input a few 'innocent' names, which were not accepted, so back to drawing board............a name....a name........let me think........Ive got long hair......no cant think of anything to do with that!!!!!!...............eeeerrrrrrrrr..........Im little............still couldnt think of anything...........mmmmmmmmm........... I KNOW!!!!!!! I thought ( after much deliberartion, I hasten to add, and I'm being honest here) what best describes ME!! I GOT IT!!!!!

My cheeks (and Im not talking about the ones on my face LOL) are getting a bit 'chubbier' than I desired........... sooooooooo the name Cheeky was born!!!!!!!!

Still couldnt have explained it at work!!!!! LOL

Cheeky

Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Well your right Logan but I will be honest!!!!!!!

I sat here (when I was signing up for the forum) thinking of a name.....a name.... something that describes me.........eeeeerrrrr. I tried to input a few 'innocent' names, which were not accepted, so back to drawing board............a name....a name........let me think........Ive got long hair......no cant think of anything to do with that!!!!!!...............eeeerrrrrrrrr..........Im little............still couldnt think of anything...........mmmmmmmmm........... I KNOW!!!!!!! I thought ( after much deliberartion, I hasten to add, and I'm being honest here) what best describes ME!! I GOT IT!!!!!

My cheeks (and Im not talking about the ones on my face LOL) are getting a bit 'chubbier' than I desired........... sooooooooo the name Cheeky was born!!!!!!!!

Still couldnt have explained it at work!!!!! LOL

Cheeky
Like it...like it!!!! We were very boring, new addition to our family of 3 cats, occurred at similar time to joining forum. (plus he's so cute, wanted to use his photo!) God knows what names I'd have come up with if I'd thought about my personal appearance....put it this way, like in 'Allo 'Allo the tv show, "the madonna with the big boobies"... just doesn't have the same ring!
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:34 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Good one! Lol !!
Donna.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:05 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by logan
Like it...like it!!!! We were very boring, new addition to our family of 3 cats, occurred at similar time to joining forum. (plus he's so cute, wanted to use his photo!) God knows what names I'd have come up with if I'd thought about my personal appearance....put it this way, like in 'Allo 'Allo the tv show, "the madonna with the big boobies"... just doesn't have the same ring!

LOL Logan

Im laughing my head of here!!!!!! LOL Your cat picture is sooooooo cute.
Wish I hadn't been so evian (spelt backwards) and thought of something better!! Theres just no hope!!!!

Cheeky!!!

Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:33 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by madsad
Good one! Lol !!
Donna.
Glad u liked it!! I have to say Donna, Im sure I will def put my foot in it again b4 I finally leave. I'll have some serious explaining to do (0898/0891 numbers......."Who me, nooo have I heck!! wot yer on about???! Heres my notice!!!!")

Keep you posted, Cheeky

Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:07 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Glad u liked it!! I have to say Donna, Im sure I will def put my foot in it again b4 I finally leave. I'll have some serious explaining to do (0898/0891 numbers......."Who me, nooo have I heck!! wot yer on about???! Heres my notice!!!!")

Keep you posted, Cheeky

Yer secrets safe with me nudge!!
Donna.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

you tell your boss to 'hang on, i'll be there in a minute, i've just found a great thread here'.....needless to say she was NOT impressed....
Old Sep 25th 2004, 6:57 am
ABCDiamond

You get offered a job, but it doesn't have internet access, and so you refuse the job

Old Sep 25th 2004, 6:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you reply to posts in your sleep
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

you know you are addicted to this site when...

...its about the 28th time you've seen a thread about being addicted to this site.....!!!!!!!

(absolutely NO offence intended to the starter of this thread!)

...first we were going, then we werent....now, who knows - holiday next year and it could all be back on again!!!!!!! Christ, if this site didnt contribute to the last break up ("you're always on that bloody thing"), id better not come on here again if we decide to go to aus again!!

sue
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:22 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
...its about the 28th time you've seen a thread about being addicted to this site.....!!!!!!!
Sue you deserve some old-timer karma but I've shot my load for today. You're on my list for tomorrow though.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:18 pm
Cheeky

Hi there Sue!!!

Ok, I gotta own up. It was my idea!!!!! No offence taken either!!!
And yes I did check first to see if this had been done before, but thought what the hell!!!!

I can certainly relate to the 'you're always on that thing!!!' though............
I think I need to get out more!! LOL

Regards, Cheeky

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
you know you are addicted to this site when...

(absolutely NO offence intended to the starter of this thread!)

...first we were going, then we werent....now, who knows - holiday next year and it could all be back on again!!!!!!! Christ, if this site didnt contribute to the last break up ("you're always on that bloody thing"), id better not come on here again if we decide to go to aus again!!

sue