Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know it's time to leave the UK when...

Wikiposts

You know it's time to leave the UK when...

Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:12 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Gordon Brown for PM!!!

Then move parliament to Edinburgh, and give England its own 'regional' talking forum, and we'll have done it.

Don't start me about oil revenue, Scotland should be the Saudia Arabia of europe

Instead we paid for Englands 3 million unemployed for 20 years.

Me, bitter?

JTL
I think weve been subsidizing a lot more than that,but anyway.
With a population of about 5.3 million(or something lke that) & more land than you could shake a big stick at,mix that with tourism,engineering,hydro electric,wind farming & fisheries,VA VA VOOM!!
& scenery !! (well perhaps thier is a God afterall )
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:13 am
WBB

Originally posted by Lathlain
Why you being funny?
it was an attempt at humour, i am the funniest poster on expats after all.

PommieLeague

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Nope, you still haven't responded to my point. Or my other point. I wonder why that could be?

Sorry folks, I fed the troll. I'll know better next time. Night night troll, better check under that ol' bed first though.
Why what was your 'point' Mr PC Boy?
The term casting pearls before swine comes to mind.

Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Doesn't it seem like this is turning into a 'Take it Outside' kind of thread?

Not that the moderators ever listen, but when was the last time Oz or NZ were mentioned?

JTL
Ah, I was coming to that! What about East Timor's oil? (Well you did mention Scottish oil.)
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:15 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Lathlain
Why what was your 'point' Mr PC Boy?
The term casting pearls before swine comes to mind.
Is he talking to me? I'm about as un-PC as they come. Blimey.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:15 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Ah, I was coming to that! What about East Timor's oil? (Well you did mention Scottish oil.)
He never !!
I did
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:17 am
Class 2 Guru

Doesn't it seem like this is turning into a 'Take it Outside' kind of thread?

Not that the moderators ever listen, but when was the last time Oz or NZ were mentioned?

JTL
Anyway it's all renth's fault. She/he posted the BBC reference in the first place. Obviously thought the forum needed some lively debate.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:20 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by userjay
He never !!
I did
Oh, sorry, this thread's suffering runaway, very well then, you mentioned Scottish oil, happy now? (Got to make someone happy to make up for Lathlain.)

So, er, anyway, what about this East Timor oil thingy? Whose oil is it really? It's in Timorese territory but it was found with Oz technology or by Aussies or something. Where does that leave us?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by userjay
I think weve been subsidizing a lot more than that,but anyway.
With a population of about 5.3 million(or something lke that) & more land than you could shake a big stick at,mix that with tourism,engineering,hydro electric,wind farming & fisheries,VA VA VOOM!!
& scenery !! (well perhaps thier is a God afterall )
This has been an advert for the Scottish Nationlist Party.

Unfortunately, its too late to vote,

But completely agree, Scotland needs to get rid of the dead weight dragging it down (otherwise known as England). I'm sure England will be only to happy to let us go in about 20 years when all the oil revenue has gone.

marquez mes mots!

JTL
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:32 am
Class 2 Guru

Has he gone now, then? Phew. The scary thing is that this land is full of people opining disconnected stuff like that without even trying to join up the dots. Not that Oz lacks them either of course.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:37 am
Class 2 Guru

marquez mes mots!

JTL
Oy, 'ands off my phrase! You come in here with your stinking Gaelic haggis-breath and you try and steal my blessed language from me and then on top of that you try to pretend to be me. Well I ain't 'aving it. Get back to your ling-infested tarnsides and take your filthy oil with you (oh no what have I said...)
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by xxdebsonlinexx
what is the english way well its obviouse that you dont know what it is or you wouldnt be asking. its where we as british people want a place that is equal not a place that another culture asks for something and the bloody government is afraid to say NO to. we accept all races in the uk i dont give a sh** wether they are black, green , yellow , pink ETC but why should they get what they ask for why should we bend over backwards for them, they wouldnt do it for us in there country.

i have every right to say what i want about englands way it isnt a muslim state but that it what alot of them want and if the government dont get off their arses and say NO now and then well that is what it will be.

Debs xxxx
ive edited this post for reasons of my own
totally agree DEbs
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
totally agree DEbs

well im glad someone does
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know it's time to leave the UK when...

Originally posted by jandjuk
yes be interesting to see how long that philosophy lasts once you're there.
Don't think much to that comment.
When are you going back to New Zealand?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:25 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You know it's time to leave the UK when...

We have to abide by there rules and regs when in there country...British Rules "Don't moan were British"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.