Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you idle sods running away from Work?

Wikiposts

Are you idle sods running away from Work?

Old Jan 30th 2003, 12:47 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you idle sods running away from Work?

The Worlds tooling up for war and you soft sods are doing a runner , come to Aussie no fear of them creating 10,000 new jobs on one prodject.

UK firm BAE Systems has won the lion’s share of a £10billion contract to build two aircraft carriers for the Royal Navy.

The award will safeguard thousands of engineering and shipbuilding jobs from Rosyth in Scotland to Portsmouth in Hampshire.

It has been calculated some 10,000 new British jobs will be created.

Many will be guaranteed for 30 years after the last of the carriers is launched in 2015, because of maintenance contracts.

BAE has guaranteed all the work on the carriers will be done in Britain.

Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, whilst I am no pacificist - I'm not really keen making bombs and missiles for a living. So I'm not going to stay/move to the country making the most weaponary. But don't let us stop you - 'Rambo' - to return to the UK make as many 'toys' as you want.

MM
Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:43 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madmancunian
PB, whilst I am no pacificist - I'm not really keen making bombs and missiles for a living. So I'm not going to stay/move to the country making the most weaponary. But don't let us stop you - 'Rambo' - to return to the UK make as many 'toys' as you want.

MM
The way the world is the big moneys in making toys , the defence and aero-space industries in the UK employ more people in the UK and also other parts of the world , than most other industries apart from the automotive companies as far as engineering goes.
BAE god bless them even have a few places in Australia , America , South Africa to name a few over 100,000 employees world wide .
Beats digging big holes and sheep abusing hands down , the Aussies could throw a few of them big rocks they dig out?

Old Jan 30th 2003, 2:11 pm
Banned

Originally posted by madmancunian

MM
PS seems that buying a few toys not made in Australia , is puting the country into debt?

TREASURER Peter Costello has blamed Australia's worst-ever trade deficit on the drought's impact on rural exports and the importation of expensive aircraft in December.

He said the figures, released today, also showed solid growth in the non-rural sector was leading to strong imports of capital and intermediate goods.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics said the trade balance on goods and services was a deficit of almost $3 billion, allowing for seasonal factors.

"Today's trade data, whilst reflecting the impact of drought on exports, show that solid growth in the non-rural sector is leading to strong imports of capital and intermediate goods," Mr Costello said.

Old Jan 31st 2003, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

JustArrived is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, are you doing aerospace here in Perth?
Old Jan 31st 2003, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you idle sods running away from Work?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The Worlds tooling up for war and you soft sods are doing a runner , come to Aussie no fear of them creating 10,000 new jobs on one prodject.

UK firm BAE Systems has won the lion’s share of a £10billion contract to build two aircraft carriers for the Royal Navy.

The award will safeguard thousands of engineering and shipbuilding jobs from Rosyth in Scotland to Portsmouth in Hampshire.

It has been calculated some 10,000 new British jobs will be created.

Many will be guaranteed for 30 years after the last of the carriers is launched in 2015, because of maintenance contracts.

BAE has guaranteed all the work on the carriers will be done in Britain.

Like all these 'estimates' of new jobs, divide by ten and extrapolate over ten years. Plus a lot of the Aerospace jobs are filled by US and EU short-term contract 'imports' or 'redefining' current jobs - having recruited for BAe, Dowty, GEC/Marconi etc I'd be amazed if this will create more than a handfull of new jobs.

Don't believe all you read in the press!!
Old Jan 31st 2003, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Angry Running away?

Why should any tax payer run away when they have paid for an army to do the fighting?

When are you coming to pick up a rifle P.B ?
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 10:55 am
Banned

Originally posted by JustArrived
PB, are you doing aerospace here in Perth?
Would have liked to did in the UK , this country has a very small aero- space industry they could not make a paper plane.
I am in a automotive reseach company and its sinking fast, Perth is a hole digging town.

Old Feb 2nd 2003, 11:18 am
Banned

Default Re: Are you idle sods running away from Work?

Originally posted by kevmitch
Like all these 'estimates' of new jobs, divide by ten and extrapolate over ten years. Plus a lot of the Aerospace jobs are filled by US and EU short-term contract 'imports' or 'redefining' current jobs - having recruited for BAe, Dowty, GEC/Marconi etc I'd be amazed if this will create more than a handfull of new jobs.

Don't believe all you read in the press!!
Pal you talking out your back end , Rolls-Royce alone employs 50,000 and ten times that in outside contract work in the UK.
So you recruitment a few people big deal have you ever worked for these companies I have and these are real jobs , have you any idea of the products made in the UK I think not try these sites it might open your eyes.
Just had a peak at one section of BAE which is looking for people at the present time if you look around there are 1000s of jobs going right now.
Forget the fact right now BAE is setting up production and developement for the joint strike aircraft.
There has been a shake out in the industry but a lot of sub contractors in the UK have grown on the work that has been contracted out.

The winner of the biggest ever military contract has said 14 British aerospace companies will play a major role in the design of the new jets.
American firm Lockheed Martin has been chosen to make the new generation of fighter aircraft - in a deal worth more than £150bn.

The US Government is committed to buying 3,000 of the Joint Strike Fighter aircraft, while the UK is to purchase 150.

Up to 8,500 jobs could be created in the UK with BAe systems and aero-engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce among those benefiting.
We think in Rolls-Royce alone it will generate about 900 jobs

Colin Green
Rolls-Royce
Rolls-Royce provides the lift systems for the aircraft and the deal will be worth more than £1bn to the company

Jobs at BAE SYSTEMS - Search over 400 jobs in Professional Engineering, Project Management, Technology...

http://www.rolls-royce.com/

http://www.jobsatbaesystems.co.uk/

Ps I have contacted some of the companies that I worked for and they taking on and are very keen to offer me employment , they are very up beat about the amount of work coming up in aero-space in the next few years.
Nice change from Perth all I ever see here is shake outs and very poor jobs , every 3 months another work mate gets gets arsed out around here some very stressed about it seeing whats out there sod all.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 2nd 2003 at 11:47 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 11:21 am
Banned

Default Re: Running away?

Originally posted by Whingin Pom
Why should any tax payer run away when they have paid for an army to do the fighting?

When are you coming to pick up a rifle P.B ?
I said running away from the work , love to pick up a rifle but not enough to go round here , only got enough for 150 troops it is Australia they have got 40 tanks most are out of action right now they are 30 years old the engines are going down no cash to buy new.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 2nd 2003 at 11:50 am.