Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You have not done Australia until.............

You have not done Australia until.............

Old May 21st 2005, 1:37 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: You have not done Australia until.............

Originally Posted by NJJ
not done australia until.....

You've actually been to Sydney Opera House to see an Opera.
I bet not many people have actually done that
Old May 21st 2005, 1:45 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NJJ

Well worth it too.
Old May 21st 2005, 1:53 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Well worth it too.

yes, during the interval you can go out to the balcony on a nice sunny day it is an excellent view of port jackson, over to kirribilli.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by NJJ
Originally Posted by JayDeee
I bet not many people have actually done that
Funny thing is that I was just thinking that's the only one of everything mentioned that I have done

OK, so I am not very adventurous.
But my excuse is that I break easily Now that's a story in itself !!

Old May 21st 2005, 3:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

...you've climbed Ayres Rock.

Not very PC i know but it was back in 1986 and it was still called Ayres Rock and i was young and din't know about the feelings of the tribe. The view was bloody awsome though, as was the climb
Old May 21st 2005, 3:02 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Been to the Abrolhos Islands, I'm goin in the morning for 3 days
The Abrolhos Islands - Visitor's Guide
Old May 21st 2005, 3:41 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Megalania

I'm very lucky as my mate is a cray fisherman and has a camp out on the Islands so I am alowed to go over and stay over night.

2 bad things about it, tiny little plane to get over there and bucket showers :scared:
Old May 21st 2005, 4:09 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I'm very lucky as my mate is a cray fisherman and has a camp out on the Islands so I am alowed to go over and stay over night.

2 bad things about it, tiny little plane to get over there and bucket showers :scared:
Boockit sheowas! Blooody loooxory! Wet, soap, rinse - nothing to it. Surprised they don't have reverse osmosis seawater desalination - many fishing boats do these days - supplies oodles of fresh water relatively cheaply. Know of "desal" kits from tuna boats used to drought proof large olive groves.
Old May 21st 2005, 4:16 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Megalania
Boockit sheowas! Blooody loooxory! Wet, soap, rinse - nothing to it. Surprised they don't have reverse osmosis seawater desalination - many fishing boats do these days - supplies oodles of fresh water relatively cheaply. Know of "desal" kits from tuna boats used to drought proof large olive groves.

OOOOH i'm not actually staying on the boat, would be sick for 3 days, I'm staying in a kinda fibro shack, here is a piccy of the shacks on one of the Islands
Attached Thumbnails You have not done Australia until.............-island.jpg  
Old May 21st 2005, 4:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, have fun! (though, yes, a bit :scared: , but I'm sure it'll be worth it!)

You have not done Australia untill you have been at least 50km out of a capital city(like at least the Blue Mountains!), but preferably been in the Outback.
Cities are practically the same the world over, 'nature' isn't.

There are two big trees in the southwest. Most famous is the Gloucester Tree in Pemberton(61 m), but there's also the Diamond tree, just south of Manjimup. They, together with another tree, formed a triangle for spotting bush fires.
I wouldn't go up there now, but I did make it to the top as a kid!

My aunt went up once, and was looking down at us from the top, said to a stranger: that's my family down there. Yes, goes my dad, that's my family too lol! He'd climbed up behind her!
This is her coming down:
Old May 21st 2005, 5:03 am
aussie73

you have been to Tasmania.

Old May 21st 2005, 6:13 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NJJ
yes, during the interval you can go out to the balcony on a nice sunny day it is an excellent view of port jackson, over to kirribilli.
Yep! One of the best things so far, glass of wine in hand and the echos of Lesley Garrett, the lovely lass from Yorkshire ringing in the ears.......

Bloody Marvellous
Old May 21st 2005, 6:58 am
Banned

OOOOH i'm not actually staying on the boat, would be sick for 3 days, I'm staying in a kinda fibro shack, here is a piccy of the shacks on one of the Islands
Figured that. Surprised if no "desal" unit on land - perhaps they are "softening" you up.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
you have been to Tasmania.

Good old Tassie!! Did you need a map

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 7:43 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Good old Tassie!! Did you need a map

JTL
There was a thread on that joke on the forum a few weeks ago.

Last edited by aussie73; May 21st 2005 at 8:08 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.