Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Question 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

A family i know that have just emmigtated to Adalaide has informed me that she won't be offered a mortgage deal untill she has worked in the same employment for 2 years!! That seems a long time, is that right?

We are hoping that we can head for WA next year,in process now, what's the laws around mortgages there,is it the same?
Lynn
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:45 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

Well........all i can say is , i was offered a mortgage with the commonwealth bank on just 2 wage slips.......

all the best plum

ps....take some stuff you read on here with a pinch of salt........
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
A family i know that have just emmigtated to Adalaide has informed me that she won't be offered a mortgage deal untill she has worked in the same employment for 2 years!!
Lynn
Definately wrong - we bought after 6 months. Get yourself a decent mortgage broker. We used "mortgage choice".

They are only interested in seeing a few payslips, checking that your occupation is ongoing and that you passed your probation period at work (often 3 months).
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

That's a relief cos i know if i had the money instead of them, after 2 years,i would have spent the bloody lot!
Cheers,lynn
karma coming
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We also used mortgage choice after being here for 3 months and both of us were still in casual employment, there is always a way! We did have to put 12 months mortgage payments in a high interest account for 12 months as security but that stopped us spending it and we have now got access to that if needed.
good luck,
Michaela
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be righ

A family i know that have just emmigtated to Adalaide has informed me that she won't be offered a mortgage deal untill she has worked in the same employment for 2 years!! That seems a long time, is that right?

We are hoping that we can head for WA next year,in process now, what's the laws around mortgages there,is it the same?
Lynn
I believe some lenders are happy as long as the probationary period at work has finished. For my other half it's 3 months. Check and see if any of their websites have this covered.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I was also told that and then found out when we arrived that it wasn't true
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Lynn

We were given a mortgage having only been here for 12 weeks - so the 2 years wait is not correct. You have to be careful because some mortgage brokers use this as a tactic to get expats to take on expensive alternative home loans.

Molly
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: 'You have to be in a job 2 years b4 you can get a mortgage!!?? that can't be right!?

Mortgage miracles .... I can give you the no. if you want,
2 weeks in a temp job ... Line of credit ( similar to a virgin 1 account ) up to 65% of property value.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn
Not true!!!

Suggest you contact Nik Silsby in Perth (British Expat). He is excellent and really knows all the various options.

Can't recommend him enough [email protected]

Mrs J
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:08 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=the plumber]Well........all i can say is , i was offered a mortgage with the commonwealth bank on just 2 wage slips.......

Hi I love commonwealth we got a mortgage without payslips after working for just 7 weeks, just a letter off the boss needed, I think he must have been on a bonus thing as I am sure we shouldn't have really got it but we just let him fill the forms out and hey presto 48hours later we had it.
jenny
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Best person to get that mortgage is..........
[email protected]
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Not true!!!

Suggest you contact Nik Silsby in Perth (British Expat). He is excellent and really knows all the various options.

Can't recommend him enough [email protected]

Mrs J

I'll check this out ,thanx
Lynn
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Best person to get that mortgage is..........
[email protected]

Hi Sandra,
how ya doin?
roll on nov!!!!!!!!!!!yeh!!!!!
thanx for link,
Lynn
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:44 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Lynn

have you read my thread....re mortgages

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308319

boomie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.