Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You going to fill your car up

You going to fill your car up

Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default You going to fill your car up

My hubbie disappeared ages ago to get some petrol. It's only down the road there must be a huge que. He was only going to put a tenner in. What's everyone else doing? You guys going to fill right up?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:14 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You going to fill your car up

Originally Posted by pako
My hubbie disappeared ages ago to get some petrol. It's only down the road there must be a huge que. He was only going to put a tenner in. What's everyone else doing? You guys going to fill right up?
Filled up last night at midnight on que at all infact i was the only one there, theres a que now though LOL
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

No i wouldnt bother..all this panic buying is what is causing all the problems! Our logistics company have been informed in no uncertain terms by BP and Shell that there will be no disruptions for fuel tomorrow caused by blocades(except people panic buying) and even the organisers of the rally are saying the same.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Filled up last night at midnight on que at all infact i was the only one there, theres a que now though LOL
he's just come back, two stations are dry...thankfully a tesco one had some left :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Greigrob is on a distinguished road

I don't understand why everybody is in such a rush to fill their cars up with fuel. Is not like the tanker terminals are being blockaded, normal fuel supplies are being delivered to all forecourts. All it means is that due to everyones mad panic buying there will be none or very little fuel left for people who are filling up when they run low as normal. Madness
This is just my opinion and not a dig at your post.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to bother but a friend of mine kept telling me that I should. Then as I was passed 2 stations they were heaving!!! As my gauge was on red thought I'd better put some in then ended up putting £50 in just to be sure . Although I live in Teesside where they are definitely demonstrating tomorrow morning.

I do agree though that it is the panic buying that can lead to problems but I wouldnt dare take the chance, no work = no money I'm afraid. No petrol isnt an excuse they will accept in the NHS.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greigrob
I don't understand why everybody is in such a rush to fill their cars up with fuel. Is not like the tanker terminals are being blockaded, normal fuel supplies are being delivered to all forecourts. All it means is that due to everyones mad panic buying there will be none or very little fuel left for people who are filling up when they run low as normal. Madness
This is just my opinion and not a dig at your post.
Our car was on red and I need to drive for a living only got a tenner as I said, certainly don't want to encourage panic buying...looks like it's too late though. I guess don't buy unless you have too
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:28 pm

It may yet go nuts all over the UK like last time so yes fill up or your stuffed ,i was due a fill up anyhoo !
Its not as bad as xmass when everyone buys loadsa food as the shops are shut for like 2 days :scared:

Last edited by Perthforme; Sep 13th 2005 at 8:40 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

It may yet go nuts all over the UK like last time so yes fill up or your stuffed ,i was due a fill up anyhoo !
Its not as bed as xmass when everyone buys loadsa food as the shops are shut for like 2 days :scared:
now don't get me started on that one
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:32 pm

now don't get me started on that one
16 Weeks and counting
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Its not as bed as xmass when everyone buys loadsa food as the shops are shut for like 2 days :scared:
Absolutely, thats why I filled up now, unfortunately have no money left to feed the kids but hey ho!!!!!
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I filled up earlier, but only cos I needed to. There was no queue at my petrol station, but then again I live in the country and they reckoned the queues were mostly in towns. I think it is the media that has caused the panic cos most of the suppliers are saying there is plenty. Just my opinion though
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Absolutely, thats why I filled up now, unfortunately have no money left to feed the kids but hey ho!!!!!
let them eat cake
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

let them eat cake
Lol
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I felt left out, so went and but a bit in. You know what it's like you see people queuing and you have to join in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.