Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you / Do you feel healthier in Australia?

Wikiposts

Are you / Do you feel healthier in Australia?

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Question Are you / Do you feel healthier in Australia?

Do you live a healthier lifestyle and get out and do more? or do you just do the same stuff as before you moved?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you / Do you feel healthier in Australia?

2010 is my year for getting healthy

I needed 12 months or so to adjust, blah blah blah (Excuses, excuses, excuses!)

Seriously, we were hampered by our personal situation last year & were unable to make more of where we live but intend to make up for it now that we are both working & in the same city!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Better food and fat-free stuff almost everywhere

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Do you live a healthier lifestyle and get out and do more? or do you just do the same stuff as before you moved?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 1:16 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I do have a healthier lifestyle in general but I think it has more to do with a sea change than geography. The weather is "better" here but because of the intense sun, you generally spend no more than the same amount of time outdoors as the UK. I do prefer the climate here, but it is not without it's problems. I enjoy the heat and the humidity is not an issue for me, but you really have to be out the sun at the extreme times.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

I live a much healthier life in Aus
We came back for Christmas and i have put on a stone in 3 weeks !

Take me about 6 months to get it back off

I feel like i'm filming supersize me II

Stu
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
I live a much healthier life in Aus
We came back for Christmas and i have put on a stone in 3 weeks !

Take me about 6 months to get it back off

I feel like i'm filming supersize me II

Stu
Well it's what you stuff in your mouth, that's the problem no-one forces you to eat it.

I was healthy in OZ and i'm healthy in UK...simple really.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

That i do not deny, but the lifestyle i lead and the food i eat are very different in both countries.

Waking up, and its wazzing down with rain does not put me in the frame of mind for a run.

Also the fact that Indian food is so gorgeous in UK means i eat much more of it

So i think its both the food and the country that are to blame.

I accept no responsibility for my weight gain !!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
That i do not deny, but the lifestyle i lead and the food i eat are very different in both countries.

Waking up, and its wazzing down with rain does not put me in the frame of mind for a run.

Also the fact that Indian food is so gorgeous in UK means i eat much more of it

So i think its both the food and the country that are to blame.

I accept no responsibility for my weight gain !!!!
Makes perfect sense to me.

I was going to suggest that the same quantity of Oz food contains weigh-less calories than UK food, hence the weight gain over here.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
2010 is my year for getting healthy

I needed 12 months or so to adjust, blah blah blah (Excuses, excuses, excuses!)

Seriously, we were hampered by our personal situation last year & were unable to make more of where we live but intend to make up for it now that we are both working & in the same city!
You wish has been granted! You may get healthier in 2010.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

your lifestyle will only change here if you want it to, its easy to do stuff here due to weather ect, food is fresh and good, but more fast food than the uk, weekends are great but i still come home knackered from work mon -fri and dont feel like running around a park in the evenings ect, me personally i have lost a few stone in weight and yes weekends are packed and busy.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
Just Joined

liclgl is an unknown quantity at this point

I Do a lot, And all the time, regardless of where I live...
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:09 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If your a slob in the UK you'll be a slob here imo.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to suggest that the same quantity of Oz food contains weigh-less calories than UK food, hence the weight gain over here.

Rubbish

Australia has high levels of obesity....probably more than the UK.

The food is no different.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know about healthier, but i feel better
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Centurion
Probably.

Originally Posted by Grayling
Rubbish

Australia has high levels of obesity....probably more than the UK.

The food is no different.
It was tongue in cheek.

How about outdoor activities, cycling, running, walking, hiking, trails etc...
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
totally agree, you have to want to get out and do stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.