Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are you appy with oz

are you appy with oz

Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:13 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice
Default are you appy with oz

In England at the moment there are alot of people trying to move to oz was it all good for you who have moved there .do you wish you were still in england or not??????helen still in england but might go to spain oz dont know.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are you appy with oz

We are happy in Aus but then we would be happy anywhere as we are the type who believe every day is for living wherever we are. Why are we here well my oh was at sea for many many years and decided he no longer wanted to live in the UK and he did not have rose tinted glasses about Aus or anywhere as he knew what they were like.

I think life is too short to be miserable. It will all be over in a 100 years or less.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:26 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We think its fantastic here but there are others that don't - there's no real way to predict whether you would like it or not - just have to give it a go. Read through the posts here and in the Moving Back to the Uk forum and see which people you identify most with.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:42 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

We absolutely love Oz and can't ever see ourselves returning to live in the UK (most of our relatives and friends have emigrated anyway).

I think the important thing to remember is the Oz is the UK. If your coming for the weather and expect everything else to be as it is in England then you'll be sorely disappointed.

We we first arrived we made the firm decision that Oz was now "HOME" and the UK was the UK.

It seems to have worked for us.

Good luck with you move.

Antney
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:10 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

we are still in england at the minute but wanna be in oz asap, we love being out doors, the hot weather, laid back life style, nice spacious land on the houses, beach, apart from the friends and family thing whats not to like is our opinion ?? we too belive that oz will be our new HOME when we arrive thats why we are sellin up and not renting cause i dont want a easy route back if things get a little tough because i know we are making the right decision deep down Dougie
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:19 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

I was hideously, suicidally miserable for the first 5 months and thought about nothing but returning to the UK but I am now on anti-depressants, have made some friends, am moving to a suburb I have grown to love and am feeling pretty happy & positive. I still miss the UK but can see a decent future here now.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

To quote the great Gene Hunt: It's 'Fandabbydoozy'.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by helenba
In England at the moment there are alot of people trying to move to oz was it all good for you who have moved there .do you wish you were still in england or not??????helen still in england but might go to spain oz dont know.
It always sounds so glamorous to emigrate to OZ or wherever.

It's not all roses, but if you make a success of it, then that's great. Many return back to their homeland for various reasons.
I'm not unhappy in OZ, but i am returning back to UK for family reasons. I can live in either country, each have their good and bad points. I'm no sun or beach worshipper so the weather is of no concern.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
we are still in england at the minute but wanna be in oz asap, we love being out doors, the hot weather, laid back life style, nice spacious land on the houses, beach, apart from the friends and family thing whats not to like is our opinion ?? we too belive that oz will be our new HOME when we arrive thats why we are sellin up and not renting cause i dont want a easy route back if things get a little tough because i know we are making the right decision deep down Dougie
The "outdoor lifestyle, hot weather and laid back lifestyle" while no doubt different to the UK is not quite as the UK media portays it. I would advise renting first to see if Oz is for you. For some Oz is perfect but for others it isn't.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:47 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh yes! Get me outta here ASAP. Completely over it.

Not that YOU might feel that way, but you did ask!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
The "outdoor lifestyle, hot weather and laid back lifestyle" while no doubt different to the UK is not quite as the UK media portays it. I would advise renting first to see if Oz is for you. For some Oz is perfect but for others it isn't.
Maybe that's why 1 in 2 Australians have skin cancer due to this great "outdoor life-style"
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

werry appy.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

As for skin cancer - it's probably more due to the fact that the message has only recently got through. Those in their 30s and 40s were never told to restrict sun time and apply high factor sun cream, never wore a hat and certainly never had rash vests. The younger generation are a lot more wised up and know all about the creams and cover up.

We aren't there yet but we're also of the opinion that we sell up and make it home.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
we are still in england at the minute but wanna be in oz asap, we love being out doors, the hot weather, laid back life style, nice spacious land on the houses, beach, apart from the friends and family thing whats not to like is our opinion ??
I'm a believer that is 'grass is never greener, just a different colour'

I read things like that and it does make you wonder that as others have said, this paradise on earth does not really exist unless you are flush with cash. You still have to work, it still rains, you are out of your comfort zone and experiencing many different things which will frustrate and annoy you. Not everyone lives on the beach, since it costs a fortune. It;s not laid back when you have no job and a mortgage to pay.

I'm not saying you have the rose tinted glasses on, but do believe that people have different ideas of what does and does not work and end up feeling depressed and upset, out of the comfort zone with no friends or family. Does make me wonder if more people looked at it with wider eyes, and different expectations, they may stand a better chance?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me velly appy ere. Was velly appy in England too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.