Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And you all thought I were brown bread

Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:11 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default And you all thought I were brown bread

Ah,G'day,ridgy didge,fair dinkum etc etc.(You can tell I've been here for nearly 20 months eh ?)
Firstly,on a serious note,apologies for the lack of postings this year.Quite simply,been as busy as a back,sack and crack waxer on mainland Greece.Took time off work to renovate me pad,as wages were so poor as a spark compared to the footballers wages (soccer to us Aussies-AFL players are on about $4.50 an hour,plus free laundry for their short shorts and nylon vests) wanted by tilers,carpet fitters etc-all jobs I can do meself.
Also,to be honest but harsh,I posted more when I was waiting to emigrate-emigration is no longer a big part of my life,and unfortunately nor is BE.(I know it sounds selfish).The few posts I've sent this year with advice were totally ignored.The one where the guy reckoned he'd earn between $40-100 an hour as a spark springs to mind-Yeah,if there's 4 of yer on the books !! I was finding the old chestnut "if you aint got nuffin nice to say......." applied a lot of the time.Remember folks-gotta take the rough with the smooth (that was my motto on personal grooming day when I was Bernard Mannings PA ).
So what's my last year involved.....
The renno's been a big part, obviously.
Had the in-laws visit-the nice ones,not Cletus and that one who looks like that bird from Wife Swap.Mind you,the nephew was a bona-fide Chav Scum.Blinged up with Elizabeth Duke,Baseball capped,and only said "Shut up Mum"-seriously-I couldn't make it up.Also laughed when ever you made a comment involving fractions.Example: me:-it's quarter past 1, Chav Scum :-Heh,heh,you said quarter.......
Had Granny Baldbutts stay-BB jnr and me had never had such smart hair and clean faces,thanks to the old "phlegm on the hankie" daily routine.Shame about her accident with the inflatable dolphin and the Barbie gas bottle.On he bright side though,we've had her stuffed,and put on the balcony.Keeps burglars away,and I've managed to adapt her into a mechanical waving Santa.
Buttsniffer has been with us over a year now.This is one of the more popular pieces of advice I've had ignored--don't get a dog here.Aus is not a dog friendly place.I had a toe to toe session with one of the neighbours up the road over not having him on his lead -IN A BLEEDIN' PARK-I tell you what though,he didn't think I'd have the foresight to let the brakes off his electric OAP buggy and push him under that ute.Rangers love to pull you up if they're off a lead and fine yer-how the hell can you exercise 'em ?The dog friendly beaches are great in the summer,but who wants a dripping wet poodle cross St Bernard in the house in Winter.He's also using up his lives quicker than Michael Jackson uses polythene sheets on sleep overs.He jumped 9 foot off the balcony (as i posted somewhere else)and another time got thrown 30 foot when he was hit by a car-had a scratch on his back leg,but got worse injuries after I got a $100 vet bill--GERTCHA.
BB jnr's got the Ozzy accent off to a fine art.Describes everything as "like",finishes every sentence on a high note so it sounds like he's lacking confidence and asking a question,abbrevites more than a scouser,and asks every one "Hah ya gawin' ".
Me and the current Mrs BB celebrated our first anniversary a couple of momths ago-and they said it wouldn't last.Discovered Busstleton,a small town 2 and a half (hehe I said half) hours south of Perth.When I say discovered,not like Dr Hook discovered Australia,I mean we went there.We've now bought a tent and go to camping sites there to stay-a girls way of camping,I know,but I don't do snakes in me swag,or eating witchedee grubs.Besides,I'd rather wake up to Barbara Windsor doing her exercises a-la Carry on camping,than the noise of some hairy arsed ZZ-Top look a like demanding we drive him anywhere-just fast.
Got me self a boat,pile of crap.Went cheap to make sure if we dont enjoy it,no real loss.Apart from the trailer being totally useless & inappropriate,the engine cutting out and having to be towed by water rescue,being totally unsaleable due to a hull that needs more money spent on it than Elton Johns KY bill ,it's been a great buy.Total stress free and relaxation every voyage....
Made new friends,but lost some too.One of our reasons for coming here was to leave behind the "Guess what I've bought and guess what it cost me " attitude of Blingland.Why do us Poms love to Melvyn Brag.Why does an outdoor setting have to become a "$2000" outdoor setting.SHUT UP,I don't care.Those of you who know me won't be surprised when I say that I've upset a few people when sober and especially drunk by saying what I see.Those of you that are still friends,know i luvs you more...Awww Blub Blub.
Does this sound at all negative ? I hope not.All in all,Australia has been a good move for me.I'm on less money,but that's never been an issue.I'm skint,and no matter where I live,I always will be.I'd rather spend me time off with my family than do overtime-I aint worked a weekend in 4 years (tell a lie,did a 2 hour Satdee morning in Feb).In Aus,time off is worth so much more as there is so many more opportunities (hope I don't pee any of me more fed up mates with these cliches.)I have to get away from the house to relax,or I find things to do renno wise.We find ourselves out and about a lot more,not stuck in front of the PS2 (OOH look at you bragging about your $294 PS2),and a lot of what we do costs no more than an ice cream for BB JNR and a bottle of Bourbon for Mrs BB (I make do with a quick shoofty at the top shelf in the news agents).
The true friends we've made here are good friends,as you find that you can afford to step back and see how genuine they are-if you don't like em,so what,don't keep in touch (actually,a lot of people haven't kept in touch with us-must be Mrs BB's drinking problem).
I could gripe on about what aint so good here,but believe me,it'll be a lonnnnnng post.Scrolling back,you'll see I said that Aus has been a good move for me.I can't speak for Mrs BB,but she is terribly homesick,and no amount of sunshine and fluffy dolphins can stop that.In May,we can become citizens,so that will be decision time.I miss no-one and nothing about the Uk at the mo-very hard I know.Mrs BB understandably misses Family and life-long friends,so maybe a holiday back will suffice.We always said we'd give it 2 years,and if one of us were unhappy,we'd return.So watch this space. (I had me fingers crossed all the time though ha ha.)

to be continued
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:19 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: And you all thought I were brown bread

Thought I'd better post that before it crashed or summat.

Anyway.....to sum up,
Been here a year and half (he he )and had some good and bad times-doesn't everyone every where though.
Mandurah is a fantastic place to live,and I feel proud to tell people I live here,as it is a friendly, (ish) community with a town feel to it.I recommend you to check it out down here.Our Bezzy friends however seem to live in the Rockingham and Port Kennedy areas,but they cant be that good as they refuse to move down here !!
So people,Happy New Year to you all,hope it brings what you want,and to those waiting,don't give up,some of you won't settle here,but you won't know until you've tried.

BB-I counted 2 and 3 quarter jokes in the whole post-my best ever ?
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:35 pm
Go Banana's !!

Great post - toooo funny

Good level headed attertude with a sense of humour that should get you through anything - good luck in all you do.

Happy New Year

Jill

Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baldbutts

Anyway.....to sum up,
Been here a year and half (he he )and had some good and bad times-doesn't everyone every where though.
Mandurah is a fantastic place to live,and I feel proud to tell people I live here,as it is a friendly, (ish) community with a town feel to it.I recommend you to check it out down here.Our Bezzy friends however seem to live in the Rockingham and Port Kennedy areas,but they cant be that good as they refuse to move down here !!
So people,Happy New Year to you all,hope it brings what you want,and to those waiting,don't give up,some of you won't settle here,but you won't know until you've tried.

Ohhhhh you said quarter...

That post is now gonna go on my Funniest Post thread for the 2004 awards...

Poor ole Granny....
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You always come back with a cracking post BB, and its good to hear your progress. Keep us posted on Mrs BBs homesickness - nasty thing to suffer from.
Happy New Year, and look forward to your next post......
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for that early morning laugh-a-thon!!!!

Sympathies with the wife though....homesickness thingy...bloody horrible! Get her another bottle!

Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:00 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to get an update Mark pleased your enjoying it, whatever it is. Needed a good laugh after Debs visit to the dentist yesterday. Won't dwell on that too much as I'm on my way out to sell a kidney
Sean n Debs
Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Nice to get an update Mark pleased your enjoying it, whatever it is. Needed a good laugh after Debs visit to the dentist yesterday. Won't dwell on that too much as I'm on my way out to sell a kidney
Sean n Debs
Just wish I'd had a camera at the moment Sean looked at the bill........one of those classic mouth-falls-open moments
Thought you'd be selling both kidneys to cover it actually -don't suppose they'd want the liver!
Thanks for a fab day BTW, and lovely to meet the rest of the family.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:12 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

funny post BB as ever!
had big kev in stitches too!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:26 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Brown bread? You can't be, you're here! Buttered, maybe, but defo not brown bread! (Buttered butts?!?)

Great post. Nice to meet you; heard a lot about you 'n all!!

Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:39 am
ABCDiamond

I opened this post with great trepidation, wondering what I would read, and ....

Nice one

Old Dec 31st 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

SHEETY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thank you so much for that early morning laugh-a-thon!!!!

Sympathies with the wife though....homesickness thingy...bloody horrible! Get her another bottle!

Happy New Year

If any of you are interested I could sell you some anti-home-sickness cream obviously I would do a special deal for all Expats
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

AW shucks mark you said you lurved us!!! GERTCHA!!!

We've got the grog in for Mrs BB for when you're up here!! just make sure I'm not at cesaers toga will ya!!

Gaz wants to know if you've been playing that CD??? LOL :scared:

See ya soon

love sophia xxx
Old Jan 1st 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: And you all thought I were brown bread

Anyway.....to sum up,

Hi

good to see you back

we are just submitting our tra as an electrician please tell me there is work out there for sparks i know its not going to be as much money as here hubby is also interested in the renovation trade as thats what he does here and we are also looking to move to the mandurah area

thanks

sue and mick
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi

good to see you back

we are just submitting our tra as an electrician please tell me there is work out there for sparks i know its not going to be as much money as here hubby is also interested in the renovation trade as thats what he does here and we are also looking to move to the mandurah area

thanks

sue and mick
hiya sue

just got back from BB's...his computer is playing up at the moment so not sure whether he'll see this or not....try sending him a PM and I'll let him know when I see him to check his PM box. Crikey you're brave tho asking him about sparky work!! :scared: have you done a search on his name? he did a post a while back about work here.

love sophia xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.