Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You actually can get colds in Oz

Wikiposts

You actually can get colds in Oz

Old May 23rd 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice
Default You actually can get colds in Oz

My missus and son are really suffering from the coughs and sniffles at the moment and where we used to rely on Night Nurse and other remedies in the UK to 'help relieve the symptoms' (I know there's no cure yet), we've tried a couple of remedies in Oz which have not worked. These are Nyal hot drink effervescent tablets and Ease a Cold Acute Flu Strength Day and Night.
Anyone know if the pharmacies in Oz sell anything that actually relieves cold symptoms and helps you get a good sleep.
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You actually can get colds in Oz

Good old Lemsip! They do a "Day & Night" pack, and I find the night ones really do knock you out like Nightnurse did.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Codral Day & Night Cold & Flu tablets. (I think these are the best - they have 500mgs of paracetamol whilst most of the others have 300mgs, plus they also have codeine which helps a lot!)
Othoxicol Cold & Flu caps.
Logicin Day & Night Cold & Flu caps
Demazin Day & Night Relief Tablets 12 hours
Dimmetap Day & Night liquid Caps
Lemsip Sachet Flu Night
Orthoxicol Night Cold & Flu Capsules
Day & Night Cold & Flu Capsules Parke Davis

Or ask the chemist for their own brand day & Night flu caps & you'll save quite a bit of money.

Need anymore?

I tried EaseaCold once, bloody useless, at least the ones I mentioned work! Nyal is the sort of stuff that you buy in the supermarket, not a chemist .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; May 23rd 2005 at 4:06 pm.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Chilli basil noodles heavy on the chilli clears my sinuses.

For sleep scotch, lemon, honey and hot water goes down well.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:10 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bondipom
Chilli basil noodles heavy on the chilli clears my sinuses.

scotch? don't go all american on us, it's whiskey!
and you can leave out all the other ingredients, neat does the trick
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:11 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Howidddly doodee.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Add a few cloves as well to prove its 'only for medicinal purposes'.

Four or five taken during the hour before bedtime does the trick And a couple of cold beers to soothe the sore throat. You'll be sleeping like a baby

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Try a couple of drops of Lavender Oil on their pillows at night, helps clear the sinuses and aids sleep!
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Codral Day and Night. Pretty powerful but only as a last resort. Generally I drown the bug in fruit juice, water and chicken soup. I listened to my granny!! Hope your wife and son feel better soon.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
That's beaten me to the jump. I was going to suggest using your duty free booze to alleviate the symptoms. And keep your distance from us healthy people.