Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Yorkshire Meet..lets do it again!!!

The Yorkshire Meet..lets do it again!!!

Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:09 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Yorkshire Meet..lets do it again!!!

Hiya people..

Well we made it to the meet with our sunglasses disguise (rose-tinted!)...but where was everyone?

We met up with Nigel and Helen and kids though but as expected couldn't recognise anyone else! It was very busy..surprised really for Fathers Day. LOL

Darren&Leanne(leannefr) sorry if you were there and we missed you. And you Paul(Bob). We kept looking out for people who looked as quizzical as we did.

It was actually quite funny walking in, gazing around looking totally lost and bewildered, desperately searching for someone that we might recognise. Only to see someone looking back at us in the same way!??#?

Helen and Nigel, great to meet you and the kids and its great to be able to put some reality to this melarky of a forum.

We must stay in touch as we said to see how we get on. You are more than welcome to visit us in Sydney or where ever we do eventually settle...central coast most likely I think.

PMd you so you have our details....thanks for the last drinks Nige... I owe you a round!! Nice meal too! Had to go for dinner at the mother-in-laws after that as well!!

Phew..!! Stick a fork in me....I'm done!

Dave & Lynne

Last edited by GillettFamily; Jun 20th 2004 at 10:12 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:43 pm
Bob

Default Re: The Yorkshire Meet..lets do it again!!!

In article <[email protected]>,
member23659@british_expats.com (GillettFamily) wrote:

>
    > Hiya people..
    >
    > Well we made it to the meet with our sunglasses disguise
    > (rose-tinted!)...but where was everyone?
    >
    > We met up with Nigel
    > and Helen and kids though but as expected couldn't recognise anyone
    > else! It was very busy..surprised really for Fathers Day. LOL
    >
    >
    > Darren&Leanne(leannefr) sorry if you were there and we missed you. And
    > you Paul(Bob). We kept looking out for people who looked as quizzical as
    > we did.
    >
    > It was actually quite funny walking in, gazing around looking
    > totally lost and bewildered, desperately searching for someone that we
    > might recognise. Only to see someone looking back at us in the same
    > way!??#?
    >
    > Helen and Nigel, great to meet you and the kids and
    > its great to be able to put some reality to this melarky of a forum.
    >
    >
    > We must stay in touch as we said to see how we get on. You are more
    > than welcome to visit us in Sydney or where ever we do eventually
    > settle...central coast most likely I think.
    >
    > PMd you so you have our
    > details....thanks for the last drinks Nige... I owe you a round!!
    > Nice meal too! Had to go for dinner at the mother-in-laws after that as
    > well!!
    >
    > Phew..!! Stick a fork in me....I'm done!
    >
    > Dave & Lynne
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

Sorry I couldn't make it, stayed in to help the ex-wife-to-be pack.

Paul

Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:14 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that Bob/Paul.

Hope you get it all sorted matey!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:15 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Yorkshire Meet..lets do it again!!!

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Hiya people..

Well we made it to the meet with our sunglasses disguise (rose-tinted!)...but where was everyone?

We met up with Nigel and Helen and kids though but as expected couldn't recognise anyone else! It was very busy..surprised really for Fathers Day. LOL

Darren&Leanne(leannefr) sorry if you were there and we missed you. And you Paul(Bob). We kept looking out for people who looked as quizzical as we did.

It was actually quite funny walking in, gazing around looking totally lost and bewildered, desperately searching for someone that we might recognise. Only to see someone looking back at us in the same way!??#?

Helen and Nigel, great to meet you and the kids and its great to be able to put some reality to this melarky of a forum.

We must stay in touch as we said to see how we get on. You are more than welcome to visit us in Sydney or where ever we do eventually settle...central coast most likely I think.

PMd you so you have our details....thanks for the last drinks Nige... I owe you a round!! Nice meal too! Had to go for dinner at the mother-in-laws after that as well!!

Phew..!! Stick a fork in me....I'm done!

Dave & Lynne
Hi there D&L.
Sorry but we wasnt there.Ended up going out with Father.
It started off well for the meet but everyone didnt realise what day it was and so we will have to arrange another one.
Hope Nigel and Helen and kids are ok and will be in touch soon.
Still so busy sorting things out before we leave on 14th sept:scared:
Darren&lea
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

What you need is a `Larissa`...actually think she should launch herself when she gets to Oz.
She could be called...`The Organiser`

She is the reason as to why the pompey meets are always so successful. oh and between her and Petra they do have signs and poster stating that we are the expat meet..then if a `newbie` wanders in they dont feel like a prat!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Awww ta Sandra, I don't do much really... just have a natter to Petra and then post up when it is!