Wikiposts

Yorkshire Meet

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gryff
Hiya...where in Doncaster do you live? Where in Brisbane are u going? What a co-incidence!

Good luck and likewise keep me posted on how you get on.

Hi. We're from Bawtry, how bout you? Not sure where in Brisbane we'll end up yet. We're just heading out for a year to begin with cos we've never been before. Where are you heading? Anywhere has got to be better than Sunny Donny though hasn't it? lol.
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teddybex
Hi. We're from Bawtry, how bout you? Not sure where in Brisbane we'll end up yet. We're just heading out for a year to begin with cos we've never been before. Where are you heading? Anywhere has got to be better than Sunny Donny though hasn't it? lol.
We're in Adwick-le-Street, Bawtry is much nicer! But I agree i'm sure Brisbane will beat it hands down.

Well you will be there before us. So if you get on here let me know how it's going...and what the weather is like!

We've got two kids and have decided on a school so know we will be living somewhere near Manly. Luckily we have a friend out there in Fig Tree Pocket and they come to England for 3 weeks 2 days after we arrive so we get their house and cars...yipppeee.

Good luck
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

We're in Adwick-le-Street, Bawtry is much nicer! But I agree i'm sure Brisbane will beat it hands down.

Well you will be there before us. So if you get on here let me know how it's going...and what the weather is like!

We've got two kids and have decided on a school so know we will be living somewhere near Manly. Luckily we have a friend out there in Fig Tree Pocket and they come to England for 3 weeks 2 days after we arrive so we get their house and cars...yipppeee.

Good luck
That's so lucky!! No worrying about accommodation or how you'll get around for the first few weeks. We're not going till June 2005 so you'll be there before us, so same to you, let us know what the weather is like and where you end up settling. Have you been before?
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

That's so lucky!! No worrying about accommodation or how you'll get around for the first few weeks. We're not going till June 2005 so you'll be there before us, so same to you, let us know what the weather is like and where you end up settling. Have you been before?
Whoops...missed the 05 bit...lol.

Ok I will def let you know.

Yes we've been to Oz 3 times, twice to Sydney and then to Brisbane last year. Loved Brisbane and the weather...so hopefully we will settle just fine, I'm sure it will help having some friends there to help us out
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Whoops...missed the 05 bit...lol.

Ok I will def let you know.

Yes we've been to Oz 3 times, twice to Sydney and then to Brisbane last year. Loved Brisbane and the weather...so hopefully we will settle just fine, I'm sure it will help having some friends there to help us out
Wish it was this June we were going
although i'm sure the next year will fly! There's only me and my fiance and the dog to worry about though, we haven't got kids (yet, we're only 25!!) Must be so much to organise with schools and everything, how old are your kids?
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Wish it was this June we were going
although i'm sure the next year will fly! There's only me and my fiance and the dog to worry about though, we haven't got kids (yet, we're only 25!!) Must be so much to organise with schools and everything, how old are your kids?
Kids will be 10 and 7 in August...birthdays in oz! We started planning this in january 03 and the time has passed so quickly. I can't believe we are nearly going to be there. Feeling scared all of a sudden!

We re-homed our cats (Gryffindor and Ravenclaw hence the user name!) as we thought it would be too traumatic for them....and something extra for us to worry about.

Good luck with the doggy.

Last edited by Gryff; May 25th 2004 at 4:24 am.
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Kids will be 10 and 7 in August...birthdays in oz! We started planning this january 03 and the time has passed so quickly. I can't believe we are nearly going to be there. Feeling scared all of a sudden!

We re-homed our cats (Gryffindor and Ravenclaw hence the user name!) as we thought it would be too traumatic for them....and something extra for us to worry about.

Good luck with the doggy.

Thanks. We've got 2 cats aswell, who aren't coming with us We're hopefully going to talk my lovely parents (creep creep!!) into looking after them for the year we're out there, my Dad doesn't like cats by the way! If we get back and decide we want to emigrate then we'll have to have a re-think! It's such alot of money to take them out just for a year, the dog will cost us about £2500!! Should have had kids instead!
Bet you can't wait, you're so close now :scared:
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. We've got 2 cats aswell, who aren't coming with us We're hopefully going to talk my lovely parents (creep creep!!) into looking after them for the year we're out there, my Dad doesn't like cats by the way! If we get back and decide we want to emigrate then we'll have to have a re-think! It's such alot of money to take them out just for a year, the dog will cost us about £2500!! Should have had kids instead!
Bet you can't wait, you're so close now :scared:

I've been looking forward to this for so long so surprised I feel so scared. But I guess thats just normal. Not looking forward to the kids last day at school....there will be lots of tears....I work there too so it will be a very sad day for us all.

Wow lots of dosh to take the dog! But I suppose a dog is almost like having a child so it would be much harder to leave the dog than the cats. Hope your Dad learns to love the cats, my mum used to hate them but now loves them. My dad once brought a stray home to get rid of mice!!!
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

I've been looking forward to this for so long so surprised I feel so scared. But I guess thats just normal. Not looking forward to the kids last day at school....there will be lots of tears....I work there too so it will be a very sad day for us all.

Wow lots of dosh to take the dog! But I suppose a dog is almost like having a child so it would be much harder to leave the dog than the cats. Hope your Dad learns to love the cats, my mum used to hate them but now loves them. My dad once brought a stray home to get rid of mice!!!

Just keep thinking of where you're heading, it will be sad, but you've got so much to look forward to. You're really lucky

I'm sure my Dad will be fine with the cats, he actually offered to have them! They're outside most of the time anyway. just come home for their dinner!
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Just keep thinking of where you're heading, it will be sad, but you've got so much to look forward to. You're really lucky

I'm sure my Dad will be fine with the cats, he actually offered to have them! They're outside most of the time anyway. just come home for their dinner!
Thats cats for u!

Yeah I know it's gonna be a wonderful lifestyle for the kids out there. We'll be fine...gone through too much..not turning back now!
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thats cats for u!

Yeah I know it's gonna be a wonderful lifestyle for the kids out there. We'll be fine...gone through too much..not turning back now!

Good on u!! Keep me posted and good luck
Old May 22nd 2004, 7:42 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

bump!!
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
bump!!

Sorry, I know, got a bit carried away. Now, about that Yorkshire meet.....
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yorkshire Meet

Originally posted by loose
Hi, there was talk some time ago of sorting a Yorkshire meet, but Spooky who was organising it seems to have vanished!! (hope you're ok Spooky)

If there is still an interest I'm sure a couple of us can sort things. It seems from meets in other areas that they can be quite useful, lots of people at various stages able to give advice and generally have a bit of a laugh.

So....if you're interested please reply. Just say where you are, whether you'd be alone/couple/family, and roughly when would suit you, and we can maybe get something arranged.

Please dont forget the peeps in Bradshaw Near Halifax we want to go to Oz too.
Been to York yesterday. it was worth it!!
Anywhere you name it we will be there. Sorry its been a while but lappie needed a kick up the ass?
Hope to meet soon with all tykes near and far!!! just say when?
Good luck to all who are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:31 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Good to see a lot of people interested from all over our great county. (though I dont think Gryff and Teddybex need to meet now cos they know everything about each other ).

Ok so I guess we need a time and venue. It looks like Leeds might be central to everyone, what do you think?

I suggest maybe a big family type pub somewhere thats easy to get to. I'll look into it, but if anyone had any ideas give me a shout. Any suggestions gladly accepted, but I'll aim for maybe one of the middle weekends in June, poss Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I'll try ge this sorted in the next few days, but obviously we might not be able to get a date thats convenient for all. Should be no problem in arranging a couple of gatherings though so that everyone gets to meet.

In a desperate attempt to sound like I know what I'm doing, I'll also try sort lifts where neccesary for those that need.

OK - get those ideas in and stay tuned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.