Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Spooky_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Just wondering if there are many people on here from Yorkshire ?
Either planning to go or used to live in these parts and have already made the move...

I think I have seen posts from a couple of people in the area already...
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

g and l is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yorkshire Forum Members ?

i'm a Yorkshire ex-pat...moved to the other side of the world ..Northumberland!!!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:56 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

me to, but i've only been here a few years.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

I'm ex-Yorkshire, now Essex and soon to be (???) an ex-pat in Adelaide....

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Spooky_uk
Either planning to go or used to live in these parts and have already made the move...

Hi there Spooky ,
were from yorkshire,we r flying out of Perth on the 3rd June,we applied last June,and cant bloody wait now.Where you heading to?
We have 2 children and applied under skilled migration.
Mick and Natasha
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:39 pm
mick n cheryl

Hi Spooky,

Me Mick, my wife Cheryl and 3 kids are from Wakefield W/Yorks. Emigrated last June to Sunshine coast Queensland and moved on to Mackay Central Queensland in November!!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mick n cheryl
Hi Spooky,

Me Mick, my wife Cheryl and 3 kids are from Wakefield W/Yorks. Emigrated last June to Sunshine coast Queensland and moved on to Mackay Central Queensland in November!!
Hi Mick and Cherryl
how weird is that i come from wakefield too !!!!!!!!!
Living in Dewsbury now .Hope fully not for much longer though!!!:scared: Cant wait to go,hope you are aving a great time ,is it everything u expected ?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

hello to all the fellow yorkshire forumites out there (as well as still here!)

To be honest we have not started the ball rolling yet. Will probably be a couple of years at least until we get there. G/F is Oz citizen so no wrries there, have decided on a defacto spouse visa and hopefully get the app sent off some point this year. then take it as it comes.
I have set a final deadline of Jan/Feb 2007 to be def out there, but hopefully much sooner.

No kids (Yet - or before we arrive anyway!) so not a problem there. I have relatives in Bowraville, G/F's mum and partner have a couple of house in NZ but are living/working in Jakarta at the mometn. so we have a few people out there in the neighborhood (as well as you guys of course!)

As to where to go - no idea. Would like to be somewhere east coast between brisbane and sydney (a lot of ground I know!) or maybe Perth.
Depends where the jobs are when the time comes though - G/F is a dental technician and I am in IT Managment (although IT is in a bad way out there too - I have several years on the managment side as well as the tech side so hopefully hold me in good stead over there)

We are planning a trip over there in Jan/Feb next year and will be using the time to do a lot of research..
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Spooky ,
We were the same as u dint no where to go ,we have however (after much research decied on Perth)Do u know how long the process takes???????A Bloody long time So the sooner u deceide the better!I.T is not that bad ,have u looked at the employment agencies in au ,take a look at different areas,this should help,then go from there>Good luck.
natasha
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 - where in dews ? we get across there a lot as G/F's family was originally from there before she went to OZ/NZ. We visit her Nan quite regular ...

small world
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bonza69
Hi Spooky ,
We were the same as u dint no where to go ,we have however (after much research decied on Perth)Do u know how long the process takes???????A Bloody long time So the sooner u deceide the better!I.T is not that bad ,have u looked at the employment agencies in au ,take a look at different areas,this should help,then go from there>Good luck.
natasha
Hi there - thought it was worth mentioning that for a de facto spouse visa the process is a lot quicker. Estimate from DIMIA is 4 months - lots of people get it much faster than that.

'Fraid I'm not Yorkshire though - sorry for earwigging on your thread
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

We're from South Yorkshire, now in sunny Sydney
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Hi there Spooks,
We are from Bradford west yorkshire and for my sins still here and anybody knowing Bradford will understand why i cant wait to get back to perth where i spent my later chilhood years .I am an Australian citizen so hopefully by this time next year i hope to be on the other side of the globe again.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dazandreb
Hi there Spooks,
We are from Bradford west yorkshire and for my sins still here and anybody knowing Bradford will understand why i cant wait to get back to perth where i spent my later chilhood years .I am an Australian citizen so hopefully by this time next year i hope to be on the other side of the globe again.
sounds like a very similar situation to us.....

good luck! where abouts in brad r u ?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

sounds like a very similar situation to us.....

good luck! where abouts in brad r u ?

posh end of Thornton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.