Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:01 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I'm from Queensbury - this is a bit freaky, so many people live just a few miles away from me!!

Check earlier on this thread - Spooky has set up an email address to contact re a poss meet, to swap advice, and oz experiences etc.

might be useful and a bit of a laugh.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazandreb
Topsy,i could throw a stone in to your back garden from here,we are in Thornton.
Daz i could definately throw a stone in ure yard!!!!! We're in Bradshaw Left at Brown cow Right at Raggalds.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by loose
I'm from Queensbury - this is a bit freaky, so many people live just a few miles away from me!!

Check earlier on this thread - Spooky has set up an email address to contact re a poss meet, to swap advice, and oz experiences etc.

might be useful and a bit of a laugh.
I'm Ex Queensbury now in Bradshaw.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:10 pm
Re mem mem member

Good lad - another mountain man. I know daz, (marrying his sister - surprised he's still talking to me) and reckon the 3 of us probably live within a few miles of each other. Mad!!

Any advice you need we'll try help. There's a lot of useful stuff on this and the Immigration Forum. (plus some of the barneys they have are a right laugh)
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

ADELE & NIGE is an unknown quantity at this point

EYUP!

we're from YEADON, half way through the application and hoping to have a look at PERTH next spring time. My twin brother lives in Adelaide.

Would be interestd in a meet up. I'll keep watching this post.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Of course i am still talking to you Loose as long as you dont stand her up at the Alter.
Loose,Are you going to Annie's leaving Do on saturday[she is going to Oz for 8 months]
Old Feb 6th 2004, 8:38 am
Re mem mem member

Hi Adele and Nige - this gets weirder - I work in Yeadon!! Let Spooky know if you fancy the meet, hopefully we'll get enough interest to sort something. Have you been out to Perth before?

Daz - not sure mate, its Matts birthday Saturday and might be out with him. I'll give you a ring if not though and catch up with you. They out round Heaton?

Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

eastcoastbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default research

Originally posted by bonza69
Hi Spooky ,
We were the same as u dint no where to go ,we have however (after much research decied on Perth)Do u know how long the process takes???????A Bloody long time So the sooner u deceide the better!I.T is not that bad ,have u looked at the employment agencies in au ,take a look at different areas,this should help,then go from there>Good luck.
natasha
Did you always set out to go to Perth or did you look elsewhere?
Just wondering what your reasons were for going there.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by loose
Hi Adele and Nige - this gets weirder - I work in Yeadon!! Let Spooky know if you fancy the meet, hopefully we'll get enough interest to sort something. Have you been out to Perth before?

Daz - not sure mate, its Matts birthday Saturday and might be out with him. I'll give you a ring if not though and catch up with you. They out round Heaton?

Its at rugby club
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Spooky_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ecky Thump, time for a bump

A few more people have surfaced so the "gang" is growing

Thanks for the email replies - so far had 5 positive responses so not earth shattering in numbers but its early days yet.
Sure we can pull it off, and it would be a great event to meet and put faces to names, exchange views, ideas, experiences and useful information, also any photos from the land of oz for people that have recently visited !

Myself and partner are visiting the emigration fair in march at sandown so will try and glean some info from there and maybe some photos too...

So far, and in order to try and make it fair and centralise the meet I suggest somewhere near to the M62/M1 intersection. This would allow easy access for everybody coming via car no matter which direction they are travelling from. Also if anybody would be using public transport I am sure arrangements can be sorted to get you to the eventual destination OK.

As for dates, we are not free until the last weekend of March 27/28th - so either then or perhaps sometime in April/May - whatever the general consensus is really

So come on people - show your interest and drop an email to

[email protected]
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

laine is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi, just came across this brilliant site.
We have finally decided to live the dream.We are from Morley Leeds.Thinking of moving to Victoria, I have an uncle living in Bairnsdale but not sure if this is too out of the way as we may have to go on a Business visa. We reckon we would have more choice of business's to buy nearer the city. We have 2 kids 11 and 5. It would be great to meet others from the area with the aussie bug.

Whats this emigration fair, will it be worth attending?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Topsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Spooky_uk

Thanks for the email replies - so far had 5 positive responses so not earth shattering in numbers but its early days yet.
Sure we can pull it off, and it would be a great event to meet and put faces to names, exchange views, ideas, experiences and useful information, also any photos from the land of oz for people that have recently visited !

Myself and partner are visiting the emigration fair in march at sandown so will try and glean some info from there and maybe some photos too...

So far, and in order to try and make it fair and centralise the meet I suggest somewhere near to the M62/M1 intersection. This would allow easy access for everybody coming via car no matter which direction they are travelling from. Also if anybody would be using public transport I am sure arrangements can be sorted to get you to the eventual destination OK.

As for dates, we are not free until the last weekend of March 27/28th - so either then or perhaps sometime in April/May - whatever the general consensus is really

[email protected]
Thanks for info - same question - any info on the emigration fair - is it only for people who have lodged their applications already?
Cheers,
Topsy
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:31 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Spooky_uk

[email protected]

have emailed you!!

sue
Old Feb 8th 2004, 9:33 pm
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from that most beautiful of towns in Yorkshire - Rotherham!

Unfortunately we are moving to the grotty Melbourne forever on May 4th this year.

But, like I keep saying, you can take the lad out of yorkshire but you'll never take yorkshire out of the lad.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

we are from halifax - living in port kennedy - been here 5 months now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.