Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire to Brisbane

Yorkshire to Brisbane

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough
Default Yorkshire to Brisbane

Anybody else out there planning the jump from Yorkshire to Brisbane?

Just trying to find if there are any other local souls out there in the same boat?
Vicky
Old Nov 4th 2003, 7:15 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

vicky-spent my youth in north yorkshire -richmond- for some reason i still call it home(what song does that sound like).There were loads posting here from around yorkshire area.Use the world famous search option and see who it throws up-some still around,some in process of moving and some already over there-IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE IT OUT
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yup.

Hi Vicky,
See the thread "We're Off!"
We've spent the last year planning our adventure from sunny Hull and are at last on the way.
Currently at the inlaws for the night prior to the flights.
there are loads of kindred Yorkshire spirits on this forum, you'll get plenty of help and advice. Stick it out when it gets tough :lecture: you'll get there in the end.
When it comes to removals, START SORTING NOW....boy do we know! Can't recommend Britannia highly enough after the last week they certainly have staying power, are not daunted and can fit incredibly vast amounts of stuff into very tiny spaces.
See you in Brissie where we're looking forward to our first antipodean meeting of expats.
good luck- if you have any questions we'll try our best to answer them.
Cheers
the Foggies (In between!)
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vicky,

Yep im another from Yorkshire.. infact i work in the same town as you live in.. , I used to live in Bradford but now live in Brighouse.
Im taking my wife and daughter with me to Brisbane. My application was submitted some time in August, so i have a while to go yet.

A friend of ours has just left Clayton to move to Brisbane, they both have jobs and are loving it, they met their neighbours and you would never guess where they are from??? Thornton..!!! god it is a small world!
I know someone else who is leaving Fagley early next year to Brisbane also..

Looks like there is quite a few of us then...

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by itsasecret

A friend of ours has just left Clayton to move to Brisbane, they both have jobs and are loving it, they met their neighbours and you would never guess where they are from??? Thornton..!!! god it is a small world!
Do they live in Bellbowrie/Pullenvale or Samford by any chance?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Do they live in Bellbowrie/Pullenvale or Samford by any chance?
No they live in Capalaba.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:16 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by itsasecret
No they live in Capalaba.
Ahh ok, thats down the road from me, just seems like a huge number of expats head for those areas, its not surprising that they find out their next door neighbours here were their next door neighbours back in the UK
Old Nov 5th 2003, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Yorkshire originally Skipton in fact we are heading to Perth though.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Bradford peeps!!

Hi vicky

Myself and my partner Gary are due to emigrate to perth in 5 weeks. We live in Bradford, Clayton Heights - whereabouts r u?
Gary works in Keighley and i work in Cleckheaton...god it is such a small world isn't it?

Jo
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:53 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Hi Seang - and evrybody else!!

I am currently in Richmond N. Yorks and am hoping in the future to go to Brisbane.
I'm off for a glorious 5 week holiday over Xmas/New Year with a view to finding out alot more .(I've already been twice)

Would be nice to have some ex yorkies to meet up with!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hellloooo!
we are from sheffield, but heading for adelaide.
however I am well due some party time away from him indoors and the kids, so I shall be up for anything by the time we get out there!!!!! hurragh for cheap internal flights!!!!!!!!
Sue
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by brisbec
Hi Seang - and evrybody else!!

I am currently in Richmond N. Yorks and am hoping in the future to go to Brisbane.
I'm off for a glorious 5 week holiday over Xmas/New Year with a view to finding out alot more .(I've already been twice)

Would be nice to have some ex yorkies to meet up with!
Hey hey what are the odds - strong hill calling

How is the old place-was back last Jan for visit -did my drummer boy walk (after that i decided no more cigarettes for me)

Heading NSW myself (finally decided)if i ever get to the end of the visa road

All the best in the whole visa app thingy-and enjoy your sunny xmas/new year

PS- if thats your photo I dont know you
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:34 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Richmond - same old place - full of pubs, charity shops and bakers!!!

Went to the Castle for fireworks tonight and for the first time in years I couldn't see the tumble weed for people!!! ha ha
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:39 pm
small steps long journey

Went to the Castle for fireworks tonight
Sounds nice
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:09 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi all,

I'm from Ilkley and heading to Adelaide next August hopefully - validation trip in February though, can't wait!

We'll have to try to set up that ex-Yorkies meet somewhere we can all get to - what about Uluru?!!!

Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.