York WA

Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future
Default York WA

Has anyone ever been to York near Perth? If so what did you think of it?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:36 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: York WA

Pretty nice actually. Quite green... almost like England sometimes (which is very surprising). They have a great Glider club near there which you can get a flight on. Also SkyDiving. I wouldn`t live out there as it`s a fair way from Perth though.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Very hot dry and dusty and with mozzies the size of well..... something bigger than they should be :scared:
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:47 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Only ever visited on day drips so cant fully comment about what it would be like to live there, BUT .........

York felt a bit "one horse town" to me and thats not cos its small. We love Jarrahdale and thats much smaller than York, but somehow feels more vibrant.

There are lots of other villages in the York area that IMHO are much nicer, but that is only my opinion. York has been going through a big increase recently regarding building and lots of Perth people are moving out there either to live & commute or as weekend homes, so it must have something going for it. Just not the place for me or Hubby.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Thanks for the feedback. We will have a look for ourselves anyway. Property seems very reasonable there but I suppose thats because there isnt much demand.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's alright, but wouldn't live there.

To isolated, to small, no work. And hot and dry in summer.

It's probably nice and green in winter though.

You know those towns in American western movies? Some of WA's towns make you think of those, this is one of them

The drive into Perth city centre is about 2 hrs, and quite a bit more in rush hour, so I wouldn't call that commutable.

What kind of work do you do, are looking to do?