Yipppeeeee

Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:16 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice
Default Yipppeeeee

The only thing that has been keeping me here at the moe has just reached it reserve price on ebay and it finishes tomorrow!! I thought with the time of year etc that selling the car would keep me here (UK) over christmas but looks like she is gonna go....oh bugga need to find a flight now
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yipppeeeee

Originally Posted by Beegee
The only thing that has been keeping me here at the moe has just reached it reserve price on ebay and it finishes tomorrow!! I thought with the time of year etc that selling the car would keep me here (UK) over christmas but looks like she is gonna go....oh bugga need to find a flight now
Nice one Beegee!

Don't wanna buy an ancient Volvo do ya?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:36 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Nice one Beegee!

Don't wanna buy an ancient Volvo do ya?
Na been driving an old 480 turbo all week seen as the Lotus is on Ebay.
OK I have a thing about Flip up lights what can I say
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Na been driving an old 480 turbo all week seen as the Lotus is on Ebay.
OK I have a thing about Flip up lights what can I say
I've got an old 440 Turbo ... the list of "character" points is very long (doors will only lock if boot is unlocked, electric windows go up at 1inch/minute, etc, etc)

Mmmmm, flip-up lights ... I miss my MX-5
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:10 am
Gee of the Bee Member

I've got an old 440 Turbo ... the list of "character" points is very long (doors will only lock if boot is unlocked, electric windows go up at 1inch/minute, etc, etc)

Mmmmm, flip-up lights ... I miss my MX-5
Ah they made your windows at the same time they made mine and to the same spec too Mine also has many Character points too like soft(maybe knackered) rear suspension so that when the turbo kicks in the front of the car lifts up like a Jumbo jet on its way in to the sky. Great fun tho'
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Ah they made your windows at the same time they made mine and to the same spec too Mine also has many Character points too like soft(maybe knackered) rear suspension so that when the turbo kicks in the front of the car lifts up like a Jumbo jet on its way in to the sky. Great fun tho'
Sounds like great fun ... I can live with all the mechanical problems (the number of available gears depends on it's mood, etc) but my radio recently went into "want a code" mode and I haven't got it ... no tunes when driving
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:47 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Sounds like great fun ... I can live with all the mechanical problems (the number of available gears depends on it's mood, etc) but my radio recently went into "want a code" mode and I haven't got it ... no tunes when driving
You could always fix that with the universal ramdom object fixer that you should have in your Kitchen
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

How does ebay work then?
I have a Toyota Celica Y reg 33,000 on the clock - dark blue met paintwork - I have been trying to sell for two weeks now - asking £9,250 (anybody want it??)
Thought of ebay, but don't know how it works.
As I go soon, give anything a try - don't just want to hand it back to Toyota.
Cas
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 6:44 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
How does ebay work then?
I have a Toyota Celica Y reg 33,000 on the clock - dark blue met paintwork - I have been trying to sell for two weeks now - asking £9,250 (anybody want it??)
Thought of ebay, but don't know how it works.
As I go soon, give anything a try - don't just want to hand it back to Toyota.
Cas
Hi Caroline

You will have to join Ebay, it doesn't cost anything. Its basically just like normal Auctions but outthere on the T'internet. They will charge you a fee for putting the car/item on the site and also take a small % of the final price it goes for.

The page your car will be on a page such as this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...117130390&rd=1

sorry had to put that on for a laugh

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...507482453&rd=1

The Ebayers (people) will bid on your item and then either send you money by cheque/paypal/or cash if they pick the car up. Its only sellers that have to pay any fees to Ebay as buyers just pay for whatever item they win and thats all. You will find though that prices for cars can and usually are lower that market value.

But hey it works as my Lotus is now going to the fella who put the largest bid in!

Last edited by Beegee; Dec 2nd 2004 at 6:48 pm. Reason: Bloody hell nearly let everyone in to my ebay account!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline

You will have to join Ebay, it doesn't cost anything. Its basically just like normal Auctions but outthere on the T'internet. They will charge you a fee for putting the car/item on the site and also take a small % of the final price it goes for.

The page your car will be on a page such as this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...117130390&rd=1

sorry had to put that on for a laugh

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...507482453&rd=1

The Ebayers (people) will bid on your item and then either send you money by cheque/paypal/or cash if they pick the car up. Its only sellers that have to pay any fees to Ebay as buyers just pay for whatever item they win and thats all. You will find though that prices for cars can and usually are lower that market value.

But hey it works as my Lotus is now going to the fella who put the largest bid in!
Cheers - might try it. Cannot lose I suppose - must be better than just handing it back to Toyota.
Cas