British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Yippeee - off to Oz for hols! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yippeee-off-oz-hols-160702/)

keaton Jun 20th 2003 2:52 pm

Yippeee - off to Oz for hols!

Just to inform you all that we're off to Oz at the weekend for 3 or so weeks. (Just as the weather turns sunny - typical!).

Forgive the lack of posts recently but have been getting ready for holiday - plus the wife hasn't decided how many outfits she'd like to pack anyway :)

Going to visit Brisbane and Adelaide - maybe try and get Sydney in as well.

Will report back findings to the group upon return.

Cheers!

kevpreece Jun 20th 2003 3:23 pm

Re: Yippeee - off to Oz for hols!

Originally posted by keaton
Just to inform you all that we're off to Oz at the weekend for 3 or so weeks. (Just as the weather turns sunny - typical!).

Forgive the lack of posts recently but have been getting ready for holiday - plus the wife hasn't decided how many outfits she'd like to pack anyway :)

Cheers!
hi there,

have a happy trip :) and get as much info on addy as you can,

then post on how good it was :)

see ya

kev

p.s thats cause im interested, i've been to brissy and sydney.

keaton Jun 20th 2003 3:24 pm

Kev,

Did you like Bris then?

Regards

kevpreece Jun 20th 2003 3:29 pm

Kev,

Did you like Bris then?

Regards
bris was fantastic, but when i was there, i found it just to humid, and i dont think i would want to live there permanently , but the city and the sunshine coast i found stunning.

gold coast was a bit blackpoolish particularly surfers, but on the whole great.....

cheers

kev

earlswood Jun 20th 2003 6:17 pm

Keaton,

Absolutely adored Bris, not that keen on Sydney behind "The Rocks" and Darling Harbour, not done Adelaide but have a fab time you jammy devil and let us know which city won your vote!!!!

Earlswood:cool:

tinaj Jun 20th 2003 8:12 pm

Wish I was going....

Enjoy your trip take lots of piccies, if you have a digital camera and post them for us when you return.

Have fun!

Tina

Lynn W Jun 20th 2003 8:28 pm

Us two

Hi Keaton, we will be joining you to, we are off on the 7th July for one month going to Brisbane and poss sidney.

Hope you have a great holiday, we are soooooooooo excited and we have two weeks to wait.

ENJOY ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

let me know what you think with you get back......

Lynn w
Brisbane bound early next year
-----------------------------------------

Ianrpm Jun 21st 2003 1:22 am

Cheers!
Enjoy your holiday, we are off to Adelaide next weekend for 6 weeks , so maybe bump into you, if you have access to a pc give us a shout.
Cheers Iain:)

kevwalt Jun 21st 2003 8:43 am

Hi everyone - hope you all enjoy your trips and find what your're looking for. If you do please let us know.

We are going for a month on 1 July - looking at Perth and Brisbane. In Brisbane 11-18 July.

Good luck - Kate.

keaton Jun 21st 2003 3:40 pm

Thanks for all replies - am soooooooooooo looking forward to hols.

Ian - will be in New Farm until 3rd July. Will rtry and get pc acess somewhere - shouldn't be a prob.

Tina - don't have a digital camera I'm afraid but will try and sort something out re photos upon return.

Wil try and post to forum whilst in Oz.

Brisbane here we come!

Cheers!

jarv Jun 21st 2003 10:13 pm

Hi
Is it just a holiday or are you looking at the different places to get an idea of the best place to live.
We are hoping to migrate to brisbane so would welcome any info.

Cheers

Jarv

jarv Jun 21st 2003 10:16 pm

Re: Us two

Lynn
What made you decide on Brisbane for migration ?.
We have chosen Brisbane as our destination as well and would love to hear someone elses reasons.
Did you consider anywhere else , Adelaide , Perth ??.

Jarv

Pollyana Jun 21st 2003 10:20 pm

"Keaton",
Just to let you know - should have no problem finding pc access; several internet access points in Brisbane CBD, all well sign-posted. There is an excellent fairly cheap one also at the central rail station, at the top of escalator for exit to Ann Street, if I remember rightly -also does copying and faxing.
Have a good time in Brisbane - can't wait to get back there......

keaton Jun 22nd 2003 11:48 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
"Keaton",
Just to let you know - should have no problem finding pc access; several internet access points in Brisbane CBD, all well sign-posted. There is an excellent fairly cheap one also at the central rail station, at the top of escalator for exit to Ann Street, if I remember rightly -also does copying and faxing.
Have a good time in Brisbane - can't wait to get back there......
Pollyana,

Thanks for the info will try and get up to Ann St at some point.

Will hopefully have a great time in Brisbane - cheers!

keaton Jun 22nd 2003 11:51 am

Originally posted by jarv
Hi
Is it just a holiday or are you looking at the different places to get an idea of the best place to live.
We are hoping to migrate to brisbane so would welcome any info.

Cheers

Jarv
Jarv,

It's both. We have to go as we need to get our visa validated for migration purposes.

We hope to have a good look at both Bris and Adelaide for poss places to live.

Will post info upon return.

Regards