Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

YIPPEE!! My Mum's coming to visit.

Wikiposts

YIPPEE!! My Mum's coming to visit.

Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default YIPPEE!! My Mum's coming to visit.

G'Day All

Great news my mum has said that she will be coming to visit May 2007.

Really good news as when I left she was very upset.

So now i am already planning her and her mate who she is coming out with a program of things to do.

So far Iv come up with:

Eumundi Market
Bli Bli Market
Aussie Zoo
BBQ @ Mooloolaba Beach (watch surfers)
BBQ @ Kawana Beach
Show homes
Coastal walks
RSL (Elvis)
Surf Club
Bingo
Garage Sales
Bowling at the Bowls Club
Castle @ Bli Bli
Fishing
Brissie - South Bank
Brissie - China Town
Bridge Club @ Buderim
Buderim Tavern
Golf
In house Black Jack

Any other ideas re touristy must-see things to do, we live in Mooloolaba. They will be hiring a car, plus us driving them around.

My mum and her mate are in their mid 60's.

I have also suggested May and not April, as to avoid the school hols here.

Any further ideas??

J Spinkway
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: YIPPEE!! My Mum's coming to visit.

Drive to Sydney and come up to the Blue Mountains.

Not that I'm biased or anything...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

CRIKEY!! Australia zoo!!...aint to sure about Buderim bridge club :scared: I heard things get abit rawdy up there? ..bring em round here BBQ,beer and loads of fishing (in me boat) we're up Admirals Court
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi there

Admirals Ct!! We used to live around the corner at Akeringa Pl. We are now living in Minyama, LOVE IT!!!

Could be interestin meeting up, sounds good!!

How long u been out here at this best place ever in da world!!?

J Spinkway
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

We're going to look at houses in Minyama in the next week or two!!
this is our sixth week :scared: our two boys go to Mountain Creek school!
we often bike ride through Minyama on the way to Cartwright Point..we did today actually what a great day!! very very Sunny and 26c it said on me bike computer thingy
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dudes

We are from Sutton, Surrey...arrived 2nd march. Took 2 yrs to get our visa.

We are made up we are here. Minyama is great!

Where are u 2 from??

What jobs u doing?

The Spinkways
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Dudes

We are from Sutton, Surrey...
Just butting in. Still in UK but lived for 16 yrs in Morden, Surrey! Small world.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep Morden, I used to get the tube up to London to work and have a drinkie at the Crown on the corner.
Yes small world!!
J
Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys

Just an update...my Mum loved her trip.

Now she has realised why I moved which is comforting!

Just trying to get her out again! Doh.

J