Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yipeeeee, its raining cats and dogs!!

Yipeeeee, its raining cats and dogs!!

Old Mar 28th 2004, 10:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Yipeeeee, its raining cats and dogs!!

And being a pom, i never thought i'd say that. Its been dryer than Ghandis flip flops here, i can't remember the last time it rained, its fantastic!!
The ironic thing is that we paid to fill our water tank up last week and now its overflowing, i could scream. But hey at least i might get some grass back now insted of the dust bowl formerly known as the lawn outside my front door.
Oh an BTW, its not cold, its about 19 degs.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 11:38 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yipeeeee, its raining cats and dogs!!

Originally posted by hevs

The ironic thing is that we paid to fill our water tank up last week and now its overflowing, i could scream.

Ain't that always the way?

And if you hadn't paid for it to be filled up, it wouldn't have rained!

I hope your lawn bursts into life like the desert does after a deluge
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

And being a pom, i never thought i'd say that. Its been dryer than Ghandis flip flops here, i can't remember the last time it rained, its fantastic!!
The ironic thing is that we paid to fill our water tank up last week and now its overflowing, i could scream. But hey at least i might get some grass back now insted of the dust bowl formerly known as the lawn outside my front door.
i cant imagine ever paying for water. how much did it cost?
its gonna be funny praying for it to rain too

soapy
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:39 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

What breeds? Rottwiellers and Persians; Dobermans and Tabbies; Poodles and Siamese? Must have more than the RSPCA! Or has Hup been running the sprinkler on the roof again??

Heh,heh!!!

Ps, good that Melbourne is getting a bit of rain. Everytime I've been down it has always been brown.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
i cant imagine ever paying for water. how much did it cost?
its gonna be funny praying for it to rain too

soapy
Don't you pay water rates then???
It costs 55 bucks to fill up the tank and the pool
Not to bad considering that is only the fourth load all summer, the rest of the year its free, but on saying that we do need a bigger tank really!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by The Bloke Must have more than the RSPCA!
You know me, a rescue house for all the waifs and strays
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:25 am
Badge

bugger. left my socks out on the line.

BM

Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you pay water rates then???
Not to bad considering that is only the fourth load all summer, the rest of the year its free, but on saying that we do need a bigger tank really!
we dont really pay for water its a bit like charging the arabs for sand
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by soapy
we dont really pay for water its a bit like charging the arabs for sand

but you missed my point! i don't pay water rates. at all. the only thing i have to pay for is good guttering and filters, and pray for rain

PS its hissing it down again today and i have put a hose pipe into the pool from the water tank, but now thats full!! Thank god we live on a slope
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:31 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I was also glad to see the rain but typical had the washing out over night and it got soaked.

Jo
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:44 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

aren't you on mains water...Hevs ?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:47 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Know exactly how you feel. Spent some time working in UAE and when I finally got back to scotland it was raining as I stepped off the plane. Most of the passengers probably thought I was completely mad cos i was stood on the tarmac face to heavens just absorbing the moisture. My cousins husband used to have a cattle station a few hundred kms west of Mt Isa, and at one point they hadnt had "real" rain for 32 years Cost them a fortune in water !!!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 12:41 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hevs

55 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey!! A friend of ours has just had a small pool built in his garden, it's cost him $350 to fill it. It's a tiny pool to!!

Our water csts us $1000 a year plus what ever we use. get a bill every 6 months and the last one was $80.

I wish it would rain cats and dogs here, haven't seen any rain for months. Had a tiny bit on Saturday but not enough to fill a cat saucer. It's nice and cool now though, sunny warm days and cool nights, lovely!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 1:15 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber
aren't you on mains water...Hevs ?
Nope we are on tank water. All water used in the house comes from a large(ish) tank in the back garden. All rainwater is collected from the gutters and goes into the tank. This then goes through a filter to our house. Through the summer we need to get a tanker about every 3 - 4 weeks. During the winter we shouldn't need any fills at all.

We also have a septic tank :scared:

It took a bit of getting used to but we are fine with it now. The beauty of their being no mains sewerage in our village means it is an unattractive prospect for developers.

A couple of years ago the village all voted against a proposal to put in mains sewerage.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by HUP

It took a bit of getting used to but we are fine with it now. The beauty of their being no mains sewerage in our village means it is an unattractive prospect for developers.
Also my hair and skin is baby soft and we save heaps of money on shampoo, washing up liquid and stuff cos the water is so soft