British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Yipee - And it only took 3 Years !!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yipee-only-took-3-years-277240/)

wholeworldwindow Jan 13th 2005 11:09 am

Yipee - And it only took 3 Years !!!!!!

We got our visa today - (for anyone who may remember - we were Togooffandthings in a previous name incarnation).
QLD here we come! (3 years it took! Thank GOD it's all over!)

debsy Jan 13th 2005 11:13 am

Re: Yipee - And it only took 3 Years !!!!!!

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
We got our visa today - (for anyone who may remember - we were Togooffandthings in a previous name incarnation).

I remember you - werent you something to do with Colin Farrell's Beanie:)

Congrats & Good luck. When and where?

wholeworldwindow Jan 13th 2005 11:20 am

Originally Posted by debsy

Yup that's me! Thanks. Off to see my sister in USA 1st then on to a few places to guage work and where to settle - we'll book next few days and go in around 6 weeks time. ARGH! It's all so real now - I hit the reality wall and cried painfull tears of exstatic joy with a deep sadness I have never felt! (I was just writting on another thread in the emigration listings) - We are going out to dinner tonight with all the family as it's my Mums 70th - but it'll feel like the Last Supper!

mlbonner Jan 13th 2005 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by debsy

LOL - I remember that :)

Congrats on your visa, all the best!

wholeworldwindow Jan 13th 2005 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mlbonner
LOL - I remember that :)

Congrats on your visa, all the best!

Thanks for that. One minute I feel elated and then the next a bit sick with butterflies! Hey soon I'll be able to pop into one of the meets - if that's ok! Probably going Gold Coast way!

JohnAndNetta Jan 13th 2005 1:28 pm

We know exactly how you feel. We remember our first interview with the migration agent in December 2002! Ironically we had a very simple application, so the time has been absurd. We haven't yet been told by our agents that our application was successful, but I phoned Adelaide last night (just couldn't stand it any longer), and they told us our visa was actually granted on 20th December!!! They sent us official confirmation via email, so we now feel we can celebrate!

All the best to you!

wholeworldwindow Jan 13th 2005 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
We know exactly how you feel. We remember our first interview with the migration agent in December 2002! Ironically we had a very simple application, so the time has been absurd. We haven't yet been told by our agents that our application was successful, but I phoned Adelaide last night (just couldn't stand it any longer), and they told us our visa was actually granted on 20th December!!! They sent us official confirmation via email, so we now feel we can celebrate!

All the best to you!

Oh, congrats to you too. Sounds like lots of people have had good news this week! YIPPEE!

mlbonner Jan 13th 2005 9:12 pm

Thanks for that. One minute I feel elated and then the next a bit sick with butterflies! Hey soon I'll be able to pop into one of the meets - if that's ok! Probably going Gold Coast way!

Absolutely - look forward to meeting you :)

scissors Jan 13th 2005 10:24 pm

congratulations, just seen your thread,havent come down from the ceiling yet myself :D
you heading for brissy as well,which part?

tracey.

wholeworldwindow Jan 14th 2005 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
congratulations, just seen your thread,havent come down from the ceiling yet myself :D
you heading for brissy as well,which part?

tracey.

We're not sure yet! Probably betwee Gold Coast and Brisbane - somewhere around there! Booking for 6 weeks time to go! ARGHGH! Where and When you guys off?

scissors Jan 14th 2005 3:50 pm

we re not going until the summer we havent even got our house on the market yet,didnt want to tempt fate until we got our visas,sooo thats the next job.
We re heading for the gold coast and we ll take it from there, we want to be somewhere near there,but we ll have a good look round once we get there.gosh you havent got long before you go then have you.

tracey.

We're not sure yet! Probably betwee Gold Coast and Brisbane - somewhere around there! Booking for 6 weeks time to go! ARGHGH! Where and When you guys off?

toocheeky Jan 14th 2005 4:22 pm

Congratulations guys!!! :beer: :D

Fabulous news!! :D

Good Luck for your new life!!

All the best, enjoy a few :beer:

Karen
xx

wholeworldwindow Jan 14th 2005 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by toocheeky
Congratulations guys!!! :beer: :D

Fabulous news!! :D

Good Luck for your new life!!

All the best, enjoy a few :beer:

Karen
xx

Thanks Karen, yipee!

wholeworldwindow Jan 14th 2005 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
we re not going until the summer we havent even got our house on the market yet,didnt want to tempt fate until we got our visas,sooo thats the next job.
We re heading for the gold coast and we ll take it from there, we want to be somewhere near there,but we ll have a good look round once we get there.gosh you havent got long before you go then have you.

tracey.

Hi, We rent here (can't afford to buy, hense moving to somewhere we may be able to afford to buy - eventually!) That's why we can just leave. Going to Miami to my sis for a week 1st, then rellies in Melbourne for 2, then on. Hubbys pal in Tamborine, so we want semi-rural but close to facilities too! (And perhaps near Warner for job prospects) we'll take a look about when we get there too. Booking flights as I type - O.M.G!

carryon Jan 14th 2005 6:27 pm

Hi ya, Too go off and things, congratulations to you!
I suddenly realised where you name comes from, it's THE CARDIACS, It was the Whole world window that clinched it, also looking through my record collection the other day. I was a big fan of them, still like them now as it goes.Am i alone in sussing your moniker?
Brill news about visa, best of luck.
Carryon crew.