Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yet another medicals question!!

Yet another medicals question!!

Old May 2nd 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold
Default Yet another medicals question!!

I am in the process of booking our medicals as they are booked up for a month in advance!! As we had our acknowledgement in January I am hoping that we will be allocated a CO by the end of this month (may be wishfully thinking on my part but still..) Anyway I have just looked on the DIMIA site and the forms available on there state that these are for applications being processed at the London office only. Our application is obviously being processed at the ASPC....am I being a dunce or are these forms the wrong ones. Do I need to wait to be contacted by a CO?????

Any advice much appreciated!!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another medicals question!!

Originally Posted by jojo90
I am in the process of booking our medicals as they are booked up for a month in advance!! As we had our acknowledgement in January I am hoping that we will be allocated a CO by the end of this month (may be wishfully thinking on my part but still..) Anyway I have just looked on the DIMIA site and the forms available on there state that these are for applications being processed at the London office only. Our application is obviously being processed at the ASPC....am I being a dunce or are these forms the wrong ones. Do I need to wait to be contacted by a CO?????

These are the ones you need

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/160.pdf - x-ray

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/26.pdf - medical
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup you need to wait. Those forms are for Spouse Visas which are sorted in London. I'm not sure it's worth doing them before asked (didn't apply to me so not 100% sure) You have no idea how long the visa will take to come through and you may not have very long to validate or move permanently whichever you are planning.

Meds can be booked most places within a couple of weeks, so chill (if you can ) and await the call
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
These are the forms that I've looked at and the information sheet preceding them states that these are for applications being processed in London only. I understand the disadvantages of doing the medicals in advance but our intention is to head out as soon as the visa is granted (if it is granted of course!)

Is there anyone out there that successfully pre-loaded their medicals using these forms and/or are they the same forms that have been used by people doing medicals on request?
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

These are the forms that I've looked at and the information sheet preceding them states that these are for applications being processed in London only. I understand the disadvantages of doing the medicals in advance but our intention is to head out as soon as the visa is granted (if it is granted of course!)

Is there anyone out there that successfully pre-loaded their medicals using these forms and/or are they the same forms that have been used by people doing medicals on request?

They are the forms that I was sent by my agent upon request for medicals. I have had my visa since January 4th.
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
They are the forms that I was sent by my agent upon request for medicals. I have had my visa since January 4th.
Thanks Wendy...as ever you're a star!!!!