British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   yesterday uncertain - today where's the nearest airport!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yesterday-uncertain-today-wheres-nearest-airport-306294/)

noregrets Jun 1st 2005 4:50 pm

yesterday uncertain - today where's the nearest airport!!

All due to the bloody weather !!!!

I am very fortunate that I do live in a very beautiful part of the country grange - over- sands in the lake district, having served 30 years in west Yorkshire! And yesterday while the sun was shining (29 degrees) sat in mums garden with a white wine (George is short for Georgina in case you were wondering!) I had the usual pangs of anxiety - good career prospects, nice home, a bit of money in the bank and why oh why do I want to give up the security of all that to experience someting I have only ever seen on the telly or read about on the Internet? woke up this morning black clouds pissing it down that is my answer the weather!

and despite what the reality bandits say or the rose tinted police the weather does make a massive difference to your state of mind and hopefully lifestyle. we are surrounded by stunning countryside and lakes but it can only be appreciated for about 6 weeks of the year none of which are concurrent - even then nothing can be arranged because it is always dependant on the weather.

OK rant over

George

glittababe Jun 1st 2005 4:56 pm

Re: yesterday uncertain - today where's the nearest airport!!

Originally Posted by noregrets

I am very fortunate that I do live in a very beautiful part of the country grange - over- sands in the lake district, having served 30 years in west Yorkshire! And yesterday while the sun was shining (29 degrees) sat in mums garden with a white wine (George is short for Georgina in case you were wondering!) I had the usual pangs of anxiety - good career prospects, nice home, a bit of money in the bank and why oh why do I want to give up the security of all that to experience someting I have only ever seen on the telly or read about on the Internet? woke up this morning black clouds pissing it down that is my answer the weather!

and despite what the reality bandits say or the rose tinted police the weather does make a massive difference to your state of mind and hopefully lifestyle. we are surrounded by stunning countryside and lakes but it can only be appreciated for about 6 weeks of the year none of which are concurrent - even then nothing can be arranged because it is always dependant on the weather.

OK rant over

George

George its not just you, we feel like that too! When the sun comes out its glorious, but today its been that good old drizzly rain and I'm feeling down :( This week has been a bit 'strange' really. We all feel a bit odd in the house and in limbo!

Grayling Jun 1st 2005 6:46 pm

OK rant over

George

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

G

noregrets Jun 1st 2005 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Are you serious? :rolleyes:

G

serious about what would you like to elaborate?

george

Grayling Jun 1st 2005 7:27 pm

serious about what would you like to elaborate?

george

You are moving from a beautiful part of the UK because it is raining? :confused:

What are you going to do when it is pissing down and cold in Australia?

G

Megalania Jun 1st 2005 7:35 pm

You are moving from a beautiful part of the UK because it is raining? :confused:

G

It's the call of the Wild. Led the the naming of Drake's Passage.

noregrets Jun 1st 2005 7:40 pm

G

but it never rains or gets cold in Australia :p !!

I'm not just leaving because it is raining - I think you have misinterpreted me and are being deliberately flippant - I am terrified and excited and petrified of going even though its been planed for 2 years, and if I can reconcile all my anxieties by deluding myself that every thing is going to be OK because the sun shines more there than here then what it the harm in that?

George

Grayling Jun 1st 2005 7:44 pm

but it never rains or gets cold in Australia :p !!

I'm not just leaving because it is raining - I think you have misinterpreted me and are being deliberately flippant - I am terrified and excited and petrified of going even though its been planed for 2 years, and if I can reconcile all my anxieties by deluding myself that every thing is going to be OK because the sun shines more there than here then what it the harm in that?

George

It's your life.

Good luck

G

robbobinoz Jun 1st 2005 8:12 pm

I'm delighted that it's been raining heavily in my part of the UK today, after 4 glorious days, because I've just re-seeded my back lawn :)

I had to re-seed the lawn as we'd installed land drainage in October last year causing severe damage to the lawn. We'd installed land drainage because we were constantly getting flooded due to incessant rain during the autumn and winter months!!! :mad:

When the sun shines in the UK, it's a wonderful place to live (mainly) and it has a very uplifting effect on me

Unfortunately, if we see 3 months of sunshine then we're lucky. 9 months of the year are GREY

It's for this reason that the sunshine of Oz beckons