Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news, just had to share it with you!!

My agent has just phoned to tell me that our skills assessment from TRA has just been approved!! Yes!!!!!!!

And can you believe it has only been 3 weeks since they received it.

I'm sooo pleased, although I know this is only the first step in the long process at least I can go ahead and actually apply now.

A happy Pudnut!!
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by pudnut

My agent has just phoned to tell me that our skills assessment from TRA has just been approved!! Yes!!!!!!!

I'm sooo pleased, although I know this is only the first step in the long process at least I can go ahead and actually apply now.

A happy Pudnut!!
Congratulationsgood news!!

Good luck with the application.

Love sharon x
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Great good luck with the rest of the application ? What trade are you ?

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Carrianne
Congratulations Carrianne. You can give me some advice. I am qualifying as a nurse end of next month, so have been told I have to be qualified a year to get over to OZ. Hubby, as you know, is a brickie, hes been doing it for 14 years but has not got full qualifications to prove it. We have been trying to find out if we can get over sooner by going through him, but I dont know how we stand. Any idea. Thanks Michelle.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi Michelle,

Yes i still think you are able to apply under your husbands work experience as you do not need to be fully qualified as long as you ahv ethe relevant work experience, have you done the points test, that does give you a clear indication of the points you need, or if you do not pass the points test you may go into the pool for a State nominated visa.

have you treid the website of the departmetn of Immigration it is very good ?

By the way it was Pudnut that passed the TRA Skills assessment as I don't want to take away there glory [;-).

Good luck

Carrianne x
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! We're waiting for hubby's assessment to come back. It went off a week ago. I hope it's as quick as yours....

Nicstids
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:22 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A happy Pudnut!!
Congrat's!! When we applied last Feb my TRA only took 3 weeks as well. We just went for medical's last week. Good luck but be aware , the wait is AGONISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Have you been on Timeline?

Brox
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Carrianne

Carrianne...

We are applying under my hubby's trade as a fitter as it scores more points than I can get as a private music teacher.

Cheers!!!!

Pudnut....
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

A happy Pudnut!!

Congratulations on positive accessment, I can remember that feeling knowing you can apply for migration,
good luck for the future
c-ya
Dave and Yve
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Pudnut,

Where are you thinking of Emmigrating to ?

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Pudnut,

Where are you thinking of Emmigrating to ?

Carrianne

Carrianne...

We want to settle in Perth, my dad and brother have lived there for the last 10 years and I love the place!

What about yourself?

Pudnut
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya,

We loved Perth aswell and had our mind set on it, until we went to the Sunshine Coast Queensland and was loved it so it's Queensland for us.

Good luck with the rest of your applicationa dn keep in touch

Carrianne x
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats pudnut, now get ready for the wait. :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:43 pm
plumber39

Great news,well done !!! Now get that application in !!

Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Congratulations,
Now prepare for the long wait !
Keep positive and research as much as you can.
Two books to help are

1. Live & work in Australia for the facts

2. Down Under by Bill Bryson for the laughs