Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

YEs....we have a buyer !

YEs....we have a buyer !

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:45 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default YEs....we have a buyer !

Thank god, we have secured a buyer for the house today, at the asking price too,

They have been told that unless they complete quickly and another buyer comes along that can comoplete quicker the house will go to them, so hopefully with be able to book the airline tickets very soon, its starting to feel more real now, panic is setting in just a touch !

tigger !
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:53 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: YEs....we have a buyer !

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Thank god, we have secured a buyer for the house today, at the asking price too,

They have been told that unless they complete quickly and another buyer comes along that can comoplete quicker the house will go to them, so hopefully with be able to book the airline tickets very soon, its starting to feel more real now, panic is setting in just a touch !

tigger !

Best of Luck to you Tigger
I didn't even notice it was for sale when I was at your house
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:56 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by cresta57
Best of Luck to you Tigger
I didn't even notice it was for sale when I was at your house
Hi Debbie

No this house isnt ours yarrow road belongs to my father in law who works away all week, the house we just sold is in lovett street cleethorpes, pokey little shoe box house !

We moved in to make emigrating easier and to help us get packed up, although that was a years and a half ago, but at least hes getting rid of us now !

Lottie
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Lottie, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Selling the house can be a bit stressful
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

tigger !
Well done Tigger hope all goes well.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:19 pm
earlswood

Best of luck Tigger!!

From Pooh

Earlswood

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Nice one Tigger, please keep your feet on the floor though ......
getting a buyer is easy, now getting the buggers to sign is a different matter
Our buyers have been keeping us hanging on for 3 months to date, haven't even dared to book removals until they sign and have not thought about flights for the same reason

It must be an east coast thing, Cresta is in the same boat
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:14 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by Rossi
Nice one Tigger, please keep your feet on the floor though ......
getting a buyer is easy, now getting the buggers to sign is a different matter
Our buyers have been keeping us hanging on for 3 months to date, haven't even dared to book removals until they sign and have not thought about flights for the same reason

It must be an east coast thing, Cresta is in the same boat
NO NO NO, dont say that !!!

I live in grimsby just around the corner from cresta !!

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

We live just down the road from you both, near Alford
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:24 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

We live just down the road from you both, near Alford

Small world really,

where are you moving too?
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are staring out at the in-laws place in Frankston near Melbourne but it will really depend on where I can get work, as a gas engineer I have already got a few introductions lined up work wise.
I think we'll have a few months there checking out the houses/weather , I don't fancy 12,000 miles for the same climate
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:58 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

We are staring out at the in-laws place in Frankston near Melbourne but it will really depend on where I can get work, as a gas engineer I have already got a few introductions lined up work wise.
I think we'll have a few months there checking out the houses/weather , I don't fancy 12,000 miles for the same climate

I dont mind the weather being the same, as its the lifestyle im looking forward too, we are going to Wanaka in NZ, shaun my husband has a job there, he is an Auto Electrician, the weather in wanaka is very much like UK, apart from summer IS hot and winter IS cold with skiing so i can live with that, so can the kids ...they are very excited

anyhow, hope all goes well for you
ill keep you posted on the house front !

Lottie
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Hi rossi, I am near Frankston, well about 20 mins from there in a town called Hastings, been here 6 weeks. Frankston is lovely from what I saw.When do you arrive???When you get here if you fancy a meet up , we are Jan Terry 39&40, Abby Lewis 13 &11.. feel free to call us..WE are all in same boat and it would be nice to meet some people who have just gone through the same stuff as us..If u need a no pm me...Jan Hutchinson
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:50 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well finally did it today went into the estate agents to find out what the hell is going on. Within minutes of walking through the door I was a blubbering mess and demanding that the house was put back on the market. For those of you who don't know
house timeline:-
Beginning of July-
House sold within 4 days of going on the market at full asking price.
Present day- Millions of phone calls later. The mortgage offer has still not been received by the purchasers solicitor even though it was promised 1st thing this morning.
28th October- Due to exchange and complete same day.
The purchasers bank has held up the precedings every step of the way they even admitted that they are at fault!!!!!!
This however doesn't help me in the fact that I had planned to fly 28th October I am now looking to fly 7th November of which year I'm still not sure
Moral of this one if your purchaser is getting their mortgage through the N*t$$*t bank stay on their backs the whole of the time.

Rant over now, just waiting for the estate agent to phone me back Again to see if it has finally arrived yet. How difficult is it to send a fax. I even offered to go and collect and deliver it MYSELF.

I need a stiff drink!!!!!!!!!

Debbie
Why does it always rain on me??????
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

tigger !
Wish we did. I didn't think that the wait for a buyer would be worse than the wait for the visa, but i have to say that it is. I only wish that we had put the house up for sale in the summer

Still keeping everything crossed that we get a buyer soon. (makes it hard to walk in a straight line )

Good luck to all you other house sellers out there

Claire