yes we got it

Old May 5th 2002, 2:48 am
Just Joined

dtmig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yes we got it

Yesterday we got our pre-grant letter from Adelaide after a long long wait. but there is a small problem and that is they have told my wife to take health undertaking. Does anyone know why is that? I know that she doesn't have TB or Help B for sure do they send that for some other things also? And would this be a problem? Can someone please advice?
Old May 5th 2002, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: yes we got it

Its not help B it should be hepatitis B can someone help?
Old May 6th 2002, 3:13 pm
dpr

dpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hepatitis is basically an inflammation of the liver caused by the hepatitis virus (in the past it was commonly called 'jaundice')

There are different varities of hepatitis but in most cases the authorities are concerned with hepatitis B (Hep B) which is found in all body fluids (of infected people/carriers). It is most commonly spread by blood transfusion or intravenous drug users sharing needles, sexual contact etc. It can affect people acutely (basically short term/new) or chronically (over a long period of time). It is also possible to be an asymptomatic carrier of the disease.

HOWEVER don't panic - it is endemic worldwide and certainly in the UK virtually every single person who works in a hospital is immunised against it unless you already have immunity. Your immunity status can be checked with a blood sample and if it is non existent or low you can have a booster or alternatively the full course for immunisation (most commonly a course of 3 injections over a six month period).

DPR
Old May 6th 2002, 4:34 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same thing - a health undertaking with no idea why. The Doc didn't mention anything at the medical either.

But I figure that if it's small enough a problem for DIMA to give me a visa then no worries - I'll find out sometime after we get there and I've registered.

Anon.
Old May 6th 2002, 4:49 pm
dpr

dpr is an unknown quantity at this point

My previous post on this topic was merely a brief explanation of what hep B is. If you've got it or are a carrier you would definitely have to have it sorted out first (as previously explained)

dpr
Old May 7th 2002, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks Anon E Mouse and dpr for responding.
Actually dpr my question was why they asked for a health undertaking when my wife have no signs of TB or Hep B. But as Anon was saying I don’t mind as far as they will give us a visa.
Anon how long did it take to get the actual visa grant letter after you send the health undertaking and form 1022? Were there any delays due to the health undertaking?