Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes, TV programs helped me choose Australia.

Yes, TV programs helped me choose Australia.

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

trevd72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes, TV programs helped me choose Australia.

I have read a few posts that are negative toward people who choose to emigrate to Australia off the back of TV programs like A new life down under, even though they have never been.

I see these programs as adverts that let me know that australia is a possible place to emigrate to, and offered an insight into what it takes to go ahead with the move. Of course there is a lot more talking and researching to be done. Even if the programs did help you make your mind up there is still a long way to go before you sell up and move out. Those final stages will no doubt test our intent.

So just because there are more people here off the back of such programs, like myself, don't judge them unworthy.

Me and my family want a fresh start, and in a strange way a move down south from the north east has problems as well as a move to australia. So if we are going to move we are really going to move - all the way round the world.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:41 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes, TV programs helped me choose Australia.

Originally posted by trevd72
I have read a few posts that are negative toward people who choose to emigrate to Australia off the back of TV programs like A new life down under, even though they have never been.

I see these programs as adverts that let me know that australia is a possible place to emigrate to, and offered an insight into what it takes to go ahead with the move. Of course there is a lot more talking and researching to be done. Even if the programs did help you make your mind up there is still a long way to go before you sell up and move out. Those final stages will no doubt test our intent.

So just because there are more people here off the back of such programs, like myself, don't judge them unworthy.

Me and my family want a fresh start, and in a strange way a move down south from the north east has problems as well as a move to australia. So if we are going to move we are really going to move - all the way round the world.
<claps> i totally agree m8, and i for one watch with avid anticipation at these programmes.
good luck !
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:41 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you didn't move to Australia because of Home and Away (what a dire show!!!!!!!!!) then it's ok
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:43 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i've been to the home and away beach and it is nice. maybe not the best endorsement for moving there but pretty good.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:44 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG H&A is the worst show ever!! The plots are dire, the actors are crap, no one there looks real or normal, the theme music is pants... etc

I hate it!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:46 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Good point! If you're going to move, you may as well do it properly...
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:57 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

no half measures there.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Funky Chicken is an unknown quantity at this point

It was not the programs that convinced me, it was Kylie Monologue. I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky....

OK, only joking. I don't think the programs do any harm and I think that all the hastle and grief of the application will put all but the most dedicated off. The more information people have to the more informed people can be when they make decisions. I am pleased that the programs do point out the downs as well as the ups because there is no point in painting a completely rosey picture.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:44 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
no half measures there.

Does Kevin Bloody Wilson have an official website ??

Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Trevd72

Here, here totally and utterly agree. If anything Life Down Under should have put a few people off as so many were not happy.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:04 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Does Kevin Bloody Wilson have an official website ??

www.kevin.bloody.wilson.com.au/